1988 LX 5.0 Convertible - 2nd owner - TON'O PICS - NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

1988vert

Apr 7, 2011
Central NJ
1988 LX 5.0 convertible, black with gray leather interior, 5 speed manual, premium sound, factory 3.08 rear gears.

My brother and I have owned the car back and forth since 1991. I have a lot of paper work on this car, 1988 brochure, maybe even the window sticker. Warranty cards, factory tonneau, car cover and some other stuff.

Asking $4900 obo or maybe trade for a 2005 and up GT.

I bought this car from the original owner in 1991 with 33k on it. It was his summer car. It became my daily driver from 91-97 when I sold it to my brother. He used it for a few years and had it stored for a few years. I bought it back from him 5 years ago. So technically its had a few owners but its been in my family since 1991 either way. I know the entire history of the car.

Anyway the car is mechanically sound, mostly stock and needs some TLC to look real good.

1991: purchased car with 33k
-Switched to synthetic at 43k, nothing but synthetic since
-Hurst shifter

1992: -Saleen front upper and lower braces installed
-Saleen/Eibach progressive lower springs
-Saleen shocks and struts (rears replaced with Konis)
-Sub-frame connectors welded in

-Cats replaced by Ford under warranty
-Fuel Pump replaced by Ford under warranty

1996: -top cut during a break-in. Top replaced
-FMS 65mm TB
-Alum clutch quadrant, HD clutch cable

1997: Sold it to my brother
-upper and lower intake gaskets replaced
-replaced fuel tank sender and replaced fuel pump since we had the tank down with 155 pump

1999: -top replaced again from another break-in, truck lock popped also. truck lid repainted
-convertible top motor rebuilt
-Minor parking lot accident, left door and rear quarter repainted.

2000-2005:
-TFI module replaced
-alternator replaced
-water pump replaced
-radiator replaced
-PS rack replaced

2006: back to NJ - roughly 115k on the odo now.
driven every month or so but garaged for the next 5 years

Spring 2011: took to my brother-in-laws who is a mechanic and we replaced:
-flywheel, clutch, RMSeal, motor mounts
-new Magnaflow 2.5" catted H-pipe
-FMS ceramic shorty headers
-used Magnaflow S/S mufflers
-New Stainless tailpipes
-new battery
-new left rear window motor

Looks pretty good from 20 feet or so, but it is 24yo 80's Ford paint. Some dings, all body panels are original. Interior will need a carpet and eventually seat upholstery, maybe some door panel work. Needs a heater core. AC is complete but will need a re-charge, have some cans of R12 I can throw in.

I have the factory radio and even the inner fender air box baffle and the original TB.

I know it sounds like the car needs some work, but buying a Fox convertible that hasn't been abused and ragged out from someone whose owned it for 20 years has its advantages.

The car is basically rust free. Had it on the lift for 3 days so I looked it over pretty well. A little surface rust on some drive train parts of-course. Pretty darn clean otherwise.

Thanks if you are still reading this.

Here are the pics

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

• Sponsors (?)