1988 Mustang LX, convertible, 5.0, 5 speed, 90k, Arizona car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flavadave4

Nov 28, 2003
Utica, NY
1988 Ford Mustang LX Convertible

90723 original miles (car came from Arizona)

5.0 v8 engine (302 cid)
5 speed manual Transmission
Scarlet Red Original Paint (paint code 2D)
White vinyl bucket seats (no rips or tears)
White top (power)
2 Tone doors
Aftermarket Pioneer CD player
Flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers ( classic 5.0 rumble)
Stock “10 hole” Aluminum wheels, polished!
Bridgestone Potenza tires, 80% tread
Factory convertible boot cover and pouch

Engine is bone stock with a tune up consisting of;
Ignition coil
Ignition Wires
Distributor cap and rotor
8 new Motorcraft spark plugs
Purolator Air filter
Purolator Fuel Filter

VIN- 1FABP44E7JF221875

VIN number decoder
1988 Ford Mustang Body Styles - MustangAttitude.com Data Explorer

This little 5.0 runs great, shifts smooth and runs down the road straight. The clutch feels really nice, no chatter and engages right in the middle of the throw. Goes through all 5 gears really nice, no grinds. Engine runs healthy, smooth power, plenty of low end torque.

There is no rust on this car at all. The fenders, doors, trunk lid and underside are rust free. Floors are solid; I mean SOLID, not ever surface rust. It looks like it was undercoated when purchased new; they covered the chassis and did some under the hood too. This is an original paint car that is 23 years old so it has some rock chips, scuffs and scratches here and there but nothing major. All the body panels are original and have the matching VIN tags in place with the exception of the drivers side door, it was backed into and dented pretty badly so over the winter I found a red door and replaced it.

-A few things that could use attention-
-The fuel gauge works half the time, goes from empty to full…sometimes seems to read where it should.

-The convertible top works but the vinyl has some tears/cracks as you can see in the pictures. I have kept it inside since I bought it last year so I am not sure how bad it leaks, it could probably be patched or a new top installed. The tops are about $160 through Late Model Restoration.
1983-90 Mustang White Convertible Top by Electron Top at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

-Ash tray door spring is broke

-There is a dent and crease on the hood, the hood closes fine but the dent is visible

-The A/C doesn’t work; the compressor doesn’t turn on when you turn the dial

-Drivers door lock stuck

Bottom line-
This is a really nice original car. I see too many of these Foxbody cars that are heavily modified and require tinkering to keep running, or complete rot boxes that have been beat on and abused. This is a clean straight original 90k car that appears to have been driven but well taken care of.
I am asking $5500 for the car or best offer, please be reasonable with your offers or they will not be considered.

View attachment 192082
View attachment 192083
View attachment 192084
View attachment 192085
View attachment 192086
View attachment 192087
View attachment 192088
View attachment 192089
View attachment 192090
View attachment 192091
View attachment 192092
View attachment 192093