1989 5.0L Mustang Convertible new owner recommendations

kjwinegar

Jun 26, 2022
Arizona
Hello everyone. I recently inherited my dad's 1989 5.0L GT convertible. It was the car that I drove as a teenager and I'm super excited to have it and have the opportunity to work on it with my son. I am not a mechanic, but I love the car and love to learn. I want to be able to maintain and repair this car with my son and learn some things along the way. Am I biting off more than I can chew here? The car is basically all original parts and has had only minor repairs done with 121,000 miles. Things that I know need some work right now are the back panel window motors seem to be going out, the A/C is not cold, and there is a small oil leak.

Has anyone found access to a free pdf repair manual? I see there are ones for sale out there. Is this something I should buy or is all the information I need online in one way or another?

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
To save hunting, searching and info overload I recommend buying the Ford manual in print (my choice) or a pdf version, I like the printed version because I can carry it over to the car and compare stuff, you can print pages from pdf but then where is that paper when you need it six months later?
That and I'm older.