Build Thread 1989 Lx Convert Build Thread

Been working on the engine compartment for two days now getting stuff cleaned up and replaced. I still have a lot to do in there but showing some progress:D I am looking to have the car in paint on Sunday.

Before:
100_6237.jpg

After:
100_6615.jpg

Attachments

• 100_6237.jpg
    100_6237.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 100_6615.jpg
    100_6615.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys for the kind comments. its been a fun project looking forwrd to bolting her back together. I have a lot still to do to it so far from finished. Had a slight mishap with the hood so tomorrow will be resanding and painting hood. Damn bug flew right into the center of wet paint.

Thanks Street 5 coats of clear does that for a paint job :D getting after sanding the hood sown and I will cut and rub the car this week so she will be like glass. It is very deep and changes color on you as you stand in front of it one part will be light blue another almost purple:nice:

Just brought home another 5.0 complete motor today. Got 4 sets of heads and intakes from people cleaning out their garages and they thought mine would be better than theirs. I have the stang wet sanded back down waiting to get the booth to respray the car. been working on a GT40 intake set that I am polishing out to make it look like chrome oh what a chore this has been so far. Got Lowering Springs on the way. Should be a productive week.

View attachment 171771
View attachment 171773

Been working on the stang. Got Lowering Springs for it and installing those. Got new A-Arms from Dave ( Thank You) to fix one that was broken. I have them out and taking the new ones to get new ball joints pressed in tomorrow. Front will be dropped. Back I will attack this weekend. Waiting for a gallon of Clear to arrive to re-shoot the paint. I wet sanded the entire car again and going to re shoot it in a booth here local. Got a set of GT40 Heads and a couple of Gt40 Intakes this week. I also bought another 89 Convertible on Monday. I will get some pics of it soon. Black on Black with 82k documented miles. The 79 got new windshield installed yesterday found one that was shaded for 70.00 installed.

102_6687.jpg

102_6686.jpg

Well I got her Lowered and low she is I can barely get the jack under it. I will get some photos of her posted soon I finally got the clear coat I have been waiting for in the mail today So Paint will be in the next few weeks if I can get some time off. Completly pressure washed the wheel wells then freshened everything up with new undercoating in the wheel wells. Been working on my daughters 79 Coupe as well it's on jack stand right now as I replace the ball joints and tie rods. Brian

Dirty but here is a couple of pics as soon as I can get her out and get some photos I will.

102_6703.jpg

Rear looking foward
102_6701.jpg

Tires on the front now look like 4x4 tires Plans include lowwer profile tires for the front and Looking to go to 10 inch wide in the rear.

Rear
102_6700.jpg

Front
102_6699.jpg