1990 Convertible Top Adjustment?

I recently had the top replaced on our 1990 GT, and while it looks great, I notice there is now a small gap when the top is closed at the corners where the a-pillar meets the window and top.

I pointed it out to the installer, who said he would "move the gasket forward on the front of the top", but this didn't seem to resolve it. He then said maybe I need new seals, but I don't think that's the issue here.

It looks like the top is not being pulled down enough by the handles/hooks, so it's not seating all the way. The gaps are small, but at 60mph, it creates a lot of wind noise; and I'm concerned water will get in as well. Not to mention I finally got the A/C blowing nica and cold and it all escapes on the highway ...

Here you can clearly see the gap I'm talking about. It's on both sides.

photo%25203.JPG

photo%25202.JPG

At first I thought maybe it was due to the gasket the installer made out of some of the top material, which he stapled to the front, but I've looked at other pictures and think this is supposed to be there. He basically took a long strip of the top material and folded it back on itself and stapled it to the bottom of the front edge. If this piece wasn't there, I image the top would come down 1/4" more and seal at these locations.

photo%25201.JPG

I would take it back to the installer, but I had such a bad experience with him I really don't want him touching the car again.

• Sponsors (?)

have him adjust the J hooks They also did not install the weatherstrip correct on the A pillar.

I tried adjusting the J hooks, but it's extremely tight as it is. The front is very tight against the windshield frame, I don't think it can come down anymore unless the gasket he made is removed, or the top is shifted forward.

What do you notice about the A pillar weatherstrip?