1990 coupes are basically SSP mustangs.

I believe the floor pans are the only body difference. Extra reinforcement for the seats.

I've always been trying to find a photo to show how they are different though and keep failing.
My buddy has one I’ll crawl under It next time
Im
There . I just put a stock distributor I had laying around I saved from someone in it to fix the no start issue . Had a parts store one in it

• Sponsors (?)

Btw I’m trying to figure out what this thread is trying to accomplish . It seems it’s a bunch of miss info ( not all of it ) being countered by other Info .

Like the bodies being different ? What’s different ? Ascetically they are the same car on the outside body wise less the lights . Yes they have buck tags and markings and things are moved around inside for service but again same cars . What are we getting at here ?
a conversation to show fact from fiction, like the retarded timing chain and gears. I believe that to be false.
I've heard there was an oil cooler on them (maybe some not all) and a different PS cooler :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
I dont even know where to begin... but, here is the floor of my 1993 SSP. The seat reinforcements are actually pop riveted in.

The fan clutch is different also.

Screenshot_20220429-113647_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220429-112731_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: 4 users
This is from Motor Trend, and is pretty accurate.

Though the '93 SSP Mustang's engine, transmission, rearend, and brakes were identical to any other LX, standard police package hardware included the following.
Single-key locking system
Trunklid release button relocated to left of steering column
Engine oil cooler
External tranny fluid cooler on automatics

Aircraft-style hose clamps
Floorpan reinforcements
Reinforced bucket seats
Deleted underhood sound pad
160-mph certified-calibration speedometer
215/65R15 Goodyear Eagle GT+4 all-season rubber
Fullsize spare on alloy 10-hole rim
Incidentally, the popular, blue-silicone coolant hoses were optional, not standard, on the SSP.

Reactions: 4 users
Before starting a conversation about SSP model Mustang a very basic search will reveal the differences instead of speculating without prior knowledge. The people responding have tried to point out the differences.
No stock Mustang had a roll bar either, unless you were a State Trooper in Georgia.

Before starting a conversation about SSP model Mustang a very basic search will reveal the differences instead of speculating without prior knowledge. The people responding have tried to point out the differences.
No stock Mustang had a roll bar either, unless you were a State Trooper in Georgia.
what fun would that be???
the point (I think) was to start a conversation.
it worked :nice:

Reactions: 1 user