Electrical 1990 - driver side door lock not working

Hey, just replaced my door lock actuators and switches on both driver and passenger doors. With everything back together, only the passenger side will work (locks/unlocks both doors). Drivers side..... nothing. Ordered a second switch, pllugged in today getting the same result.

Sound familiar to any of you? If so, any wisdom you could pass along would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

The switches work off each other, so if the door locks do both work off one, it's a matter of how the switches are transmitting across.

Did it work before? If so, don't rule out the pass side switch as the one to try swapping out even though it works

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

The repro switches can be hit or miss. Ford does make the switch still (Motorcraft SW 7061) but it's a tad bit pricey

No, When I bought the car (a little over a month ago) I couldn't lock or unlock the passenger side door with a key. It wasn't until I replaced some parts did I actually get any functionality.

Thanks for the diagram!

Can you lock and unlock it manually?
I can. When I first bought the car, I couldn't move the passenger side lock. And after replacing the parts previously mentioned, the passenger side power lock locks and unlocks both doors. Drivers side, nothing.

I just ordered a motorcraft power lock switch hoping that it's of better quality. Of that doesn't work, I'll look into the wiring.

Does the driver's side switch not work for both lock and unlock?
Or does it work for lock but not unlock?
Or unlock and not lock?

The switches work off each other, so if the door locks do both work off one, it's a matter of how the switches are transmitting across.

Did it work before? If so, don't rule out the pass side switch as the one to try swapping out even though it works

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

The repro switches can be hit or miss. Ford does make the switch still (Motorcraft SW 7061) but it's a tad bit pricey
Thanks for the part number and the wiring diagram. I ordered one. If it doesn't work again, I'll check for proper connection.

Gain access to the driver's side switch and leave all wiring connected to the switch.
Check the black/white wire #517 for good 12 volts, use the solid black wire on the switch as a ground reference.
No good 12 volts and the problem is in the wiring that supplies the 12 volts for that door. Refer to the diagrams that @Mustang5L5 posted for more help.