1990 GT, R block stroker, PTK, 88mm Turbonetics, Street Car Build

• Sponsors (?)

I need advice on a TKO 600 for this build. One has become available through a member on here. How do you think it will hold up at my planned power goal on the street?? I know it's rated for 600 ft/lbs and I don't want to have to baby a trans in this car. I have been known to bang a few gears...

Without digging through the whole thread, what's the power goal for this car? Not your projected first pull numbers but what are you honestly going to be happy with? Hard question to answer I know, but that's a decent chunk of change to dump on a tranny if you're just going to be putting down much higher numbers. Yeah, it'll survive some "spirited" street driving but if you plan to drive it the way I would, you're gonna have a paperweight

I'd like to make 1000 on a dyno just to say I did it, then tune down to the 700-750 range for the street. Any thoughts on the new magnum as a possibility?

Talking about this?

Key Features of the New T-56 Magnum:

85mm center distance.
700 Ft. Lbs of Torque Capability!
Fully reversible 'TKO-style' OEM-grade die-cast aluminum shifter for smooth, positive shift action.
Dual 'speedo' pick ups to accommodate both electric and mechanical type speedometers.
Built-in mid-shift provisions under inspection cover for simple, pain free mid-shift conversions.
Triple cone synchronizers on gears 1-4, double cone synchronizers on gears 5-6, as well as reverse.
Accurate, smooth, high-rpm shift capabilities.

Just wondering, whats the reasoning for the 88? A 76 or so will make the power your looking for, be lighter, a little easier to spool, less of a headache with the DP etc. Just throwing it out there.

If you read back in the thread, I originally planned on a 76mm. However, two great deals simultaneously fell into place and I ended up with a PTK hot side with T6 flange, 45mm Turbonetics WG, and TiAL 50mm BOV all for $300. The same I night I won the auction for the Y2K88 for $900 bucks with all of the upgrades like the F-trim impeller and billet backing plate.

Bada bing bada boom, you've got a kit and turbo way bigger than you wanted, but at a price you couldn't turn down. At least I have a **** ton of room to grow with the 88.

Spoke at length with the best engine builder around here today. The chinese Scat crank is going goodbye along with the solid lifter cam. A custom hydraulic roller turbo grind cam will be ground (probably by Bullet). Quadruple digit horsepower is now a reality, but not a probability, simply because I don't have the pockets deep enough for when **** goes kaboom, and it will go kaboom. The goal of ~750 horsepower for the street is retarded enough as it is. The heads will be TFS 240s and I'm going to TRY to get a super victor under this 2.5" cowl...