1990 Mustang 5.0 Professional Products Part #:10600. Do Not Waste Your Time And Money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What port? From the install instructions for your kit, the fitting that you show in the picture (below) that is interfering with the distributor does not get installed right there. It should be installed at the back of the rail (for the crossover) and a plug should be installed at the front.
img_20160601_124657-jpg.557869.jpg

This picture (from LMR's website) shows your fuel inlet and fuel return line on the passenger side
pp-10601_5555.jpg

As far as the mounting holes not lining up I don't know what to say, you have not provided clear pictures of that issue. It's possible you got sent the wrong part?

Here are some more pictures. I understand that they normally have a plug on the driver side front. That still does not negate the fact that the distributor is in the way stock and aftermarket. I want to run a different set up. The passenger side mounting holes do not line up. The pictures are with the injectors installed also. The holes are just dont line up. I can fix this. The driver side the distributor is in the way. The picture you put up is not the same rail set up. But even having a plug on the driver side it still gets in the way.

There is not port on the side of the rail for a set up like the picture you put up.

The first three pics are of the passenger side. Then the next three are the distributor in the way. The next two are the driver side. The holes line up. The last two are the passenger side. I can make things work the but point of the post is that the fuel rails are not a very good design and well made.

Attachments

• IMG_20160602_185734.jpg
    IMG_20160602_185734.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_20160602_185748.jpg
    IMG_20160602_185748.jpg
    649.4 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_20160602_185801.jpg
    IMG_20160602_185801.jpg
    651.2 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_20160602_185841.jpg
    IMG_20160602_185841.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_20160602_185902.jpg
    IMG_20160602_185902.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_20160602_185926.jpg
    IMG_20160602_185926.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20160602_190246.jpg
    IMG_20160602_190246.jpg
    610.2 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_20160602_190301.jpg
    IMG_20160602_190301.jpg
    503.7 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_20160602_190314.jpg
    IMG_20160602_190314.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_20160602_190353.jpg
    IMG_20160602_190353.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 248
  • Sponsors (?)

Not understanding why the OP isn't capping the driver side rail, running the crossover in the rear and then the inlet to the fuel line on the passenger side rail . Problem solved. :shrug:

The cross over is going in the rear, passenger side front is the inlet, crossover in the rear, then return in the driver side front then to the pressure regulator. Keeps fuel flowing and cool and more constant pressure with out drops in pressure.

If it's a stock block, i'm not sure why he's running aftermarket rails at all.
Fuel system parts are expensive and considering a stock style system will go above 500rwhp, I just don't see the point if it's not absolutely necessary.

Regardless, this is why I prefer to economize with the best, had this been a set of aeromotive rails and there was a problem, at least there would be someone to get assistance from.

Im running aftermarket rails and fuel lines because the old ones were junk, LIke i said I plan on building another motor so why buy a stock set of fuel rail and lines when I plan on building something that is going to exceed that so why waste money.

Reactions: 1 user
Im running aftermarket rails and fuel lines because the old ones were junk, LIke i said I plan on building another motor so why buy a stock set of fuel rail and lines when I plan on building something that is going to exceed that so why waste money.
As long as you're building a non-stock block...your plan is solid IMO. Otherwise it's overkill. But if you do go "big" you won't have to buy twice;)

I can sort of understand if you are replacing the hard lines because they are somehow damaged, but then again if they are i'd be worried about the rest of the car.
For the stock rails, they are dirt cheap, maybe even free.

Just like I said, it complicates an uncomplicated situation. Hence you made this post.

I'm of the belief you build a fuel system when you need a fuel system. Must have seen 1000 guys here come and go that were building bigger better engines with race blocks, of those guys maybe a dozen pulled it off.
If the more powerful setup is a reality, why bother putting the engine in you are working on at all? As you said, why waste money?
Kinda odd to be building another engine when the last one is not even finished.

I'm not trying to offend you, it's just a lot of money to put out for an unknown future.

Takes 10 to 15 grand (probably even more once you factor in drivetrain changes to handle the power) to build a setup capable of safely exceeding 500rwhp.
Wasting a couple bucks fixing stock parts is the least of the worries on a build of that caliber.

I can sort of understand if you are replacing the hard lines because they are somehow damaged, but then again if they are i'd be worried about the rest of the car.
For the stock rails, they are dirt cheap, maybe even free.

Just like I said, it complicates an uncomplicated situation. Hence you made this post.

I'm of the belief you build a fuel system when you need a fuel system. Must have seen 1000 guys here come and go that were building bigger better engines with race blocks, of those guys maybe a dozen pulled it off.
If the more powerful setup is a reality, why bother putting the engine in you are working on at all? As you said, why waste money?
Kinda odd to be building another engine when the last one is not even finished.

I'm not trying to offend you, it's just a lot of money to put out for an unknown future.

Takes 10 to 15 grand (probably even more once you factor in drivetrain changes to handle the power) to build a setup capable of safely exceeding 500rwhp.
Wasting a couple bucks fixing stock parts is the least of the worries on a build of that caliber.

Like I said in the topic for the post. This is not a help me my fuel rails dont fit post its a post show that the fuel rails dont fit and the company is impossible to get a response from. The stock fuel lines and rails were old, rusted, and rotted. I had this motor built once tore it down because the pilot bearing ate up the crank. So I replaced the crank. The motor is fine and runs fine. Like I said before I have plans for a new motor later. I am going through the car not and upgrading and updating things that need to be replaced like trailing arms, fuel system, wiring, ECU, etc. I plan on driving with this motor for another year. Once is get this car running im going to build another motor.
Also when running a fuel system near its limits is not a good thing and I dont want to take a chance with it when I can replace it now while everything is out of the car.

Again this is not a help needed topic just a topic stating the issues I had with the products and the company.

As long as you're building a non-stock block...your plan is solid IMO. Otherwise it's overkill. But if you do go "big" you won't have to buy twice;)

Currently the stock block is being used. I completely understand the stock fuel system is adequate for what I currently have. Im just upgrading things that need to be replaced so I dont have to do it twice.

What port? From the install instructions for your kit, the fitting that you show in the picture (below) that is interfering with the distributor does not get installed right there. It should be installed at the back of the rail (for the crossover) and a plug should be installed at the front.
img_20160601_124657-jpg.557869.jpg

This picture (from LMR's website) shows your fuel inlet and fuel return line on the passenger side
pp-10601_5555.jpg

As far as the mounting holes not lining up I don't know what to say, you have not provided clear pictures of that issue. It's possible you got sent the wrong part?

Here are two pictures of the fuel rails I have. There are not mounting holes on the passenger side of the fuel rail for an adapter to mount a regulator too. The part I ordered is the correct one. The kit you listed looks very similar to the rails I have but they are different.

Attachments

• IMG_20160602_191622.jpg
    IMG_20160602_191622.jpg
    914.9 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_20160602_191631.jpg
    IMG_20160602_191631.jpg
    772.1 KB · Views: 255
So the purpose of the thread is to bash the company when you are installing the parts contrary to how they are supposed to be per the instructions. Ok. carry on

The parts do NOT fit. The hole locations are wrong for the passenger side mount brackets, they need to be modified to fit correctly. The driver side rail cannot be installed with out the rail touching the distributor. This has nothing to do with the way I run the fitting. With no fittings on it the rail still touches the distributor, even with an after market one, with the stock distributor one I am unable to mount the rail in place because it runs into the distributor. So I dont see how that makes installing the rails wrong. The pictures that whoever else posted on here are of a different part number fuel rail. I dont see how thats so hard to understand either. Its just one number off but they are different.

And yes I am bashing the company because I have called multiple times, left messages, and emails and had no response. I just wanted to share what I had come across so other people would know this is not a reputable company. I would want others to do the same if they issues like this.

Every picture you've posted shows the FITTING that isn't supposed to be installed there touching the distributor . Not the rail . I have aftermarket rails on my car . Same style injectors you have and the front capped off . No issue . I do see your issue with your bolt holes but there's an easy remedy for that . Just slot the hole a bit .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

05c38103bc596374b845cb7688927702.jpg

This was a mock up with my old 42s . Car has ev6 60s in it now . Also shows where drive side fitting should be moved

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
So @TOOLOW91 his fitting needs to be moved to the backside of the engine and capped like yours in the picture correct? Seems like a simple fix, don't see the issue.

Reactions: 1 users
So @TOOLOW91 his fitting needs to be moved to the backside of the engine and capped like yours in the picture correct? Seems like a simple fix, don't see the issue.
If you look the fitting is underneath the rail after where the second injector would be . And the front is capped

Reactions: 1 user
Let's look at the instructions shall we? Yes you are installing them wrong.

upload_2016-6-3_12-33-39.png

http://professional-products.com/secure/uploads/file/10601 Instructions New.pdf

upload_2016-6-3_12-30-27.png

First off wrong part number. I can see you have a knack for reading. This is the product. They ARE DIFFERENT. Just look it up. http://professional-products.com/fu...l-rail-kit-for-ford-351w-302-intake-manifolds. The driver side rail does not have the port for the regulator. Also I know as everyone said before that I am not doing it as per instructions. Yes this is true but they do not fit period with out modifications or an aftermarket distributor.

Yes like I said before there is a plug at the end on the driver side front. But that supplied plug hits the distributor. Both stock and aftermarket. I know they make other plugs that will fit. But gezz I didn't make this post to ask for help. I wanted to show people that this product does not fit in stock settings and that the company is impossible to get a hold of for help. Yea my mistake for purchasing a cheaper product. But i didnt think it was possible to mess up something like this.

Here are some pictures to help. I just noticed this, if the passenger side is not modified the front injector does not seat properly. If you move it, it slides out of the top or the bottom.

1st pic - is the rear injector with the injector pushed in on both ends.
2nd pic - is injector o-ring not seated in the intake, the top side is almost out of the fuel rail. The fuel rain will have to be ground down where the screw is for the intake manifold.
3rd pic - The fuel rail plug that is touching the distributor, the rail is not bolted down.
4th pic - Trying to show the clearance between the rail and the distributor. Still not bolted down, very little clearance. An aftermarket plug with fix this.
5th pic - The passenger side rail showing now possible port for a regulator to hook up. My plan was to run it like that initially.
6th pic - Shows the plug touching the aftermarket fuel rail, again the rail is not bolted down. Just barely touches. I would preferred to not have my fuel rail touch my distributor.

So to all the people on here who want to sit back and say im doing it wrong please tell me what I am doing wrong even if I run the fuel lines the way you say to run them. Please tell me how i did it wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_20160618_111833.jpg
    IMG_20160618_111833.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_20160618_111846.jpg
    IMG_20160618_111846.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20160618_112211.jpg
    IMG_20160618_112211.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_20160618_112426.jpg
    IMG_20160618_112426.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_20160618_113221.jpg
    IMG_20160618_113221.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_20160618_113625.jpg
    IMG_20160618_113625.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 236
So, everyone complains about the quality and fit of professional products, products being cheap chinese imitations then when someone posts facts that they are such everyone is like :love: professional products, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.