1990 Mustang 5.0 Professional Products Part #:10600. Do Not Waste Your Time And Money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure this is the correct thread but I figure id put this out there. I purchased this fuel rail kit for my mustang. Seem like a decent product and a decent price. The product does not seem to fit. I dont want to rant about this but I feel this needs to be put out there. The fuel rail on the driver side hits the distributor and does not have enough wiggle room to move by it (stock and aftermarket). The passenger side fuel rail installation holes do not fit. I have used either rail on both sides and the mounting holes are set at different lengths. The driver side holes are closer together. I have pictures to show that there is no room. When I hold the rail off the distributor there still is not enough room to clear it. The website states that these are for a 86'-93' mustang 5.0L. The website has very little information about these and if there are any fitment issues. I have tried contacting the company twice via phone and email and I have not had a response in a month. If you google company, it states that they are permanently closed. If you call them you do get an operator and you can be transferred to someones voice mail. Their website looks like it has been updated in the past few months so I dont know what gives. Im guessing they just are a sucky company.

IMG_20160601_123916.jpg
IMG_20160601_123923.jpg
IMG_20160601_124657.jpg
IMG_20160601_124714.jpg
IMG_20160601_124721.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Are those Siemens deca 80# injectors? I think it may be more of a function of the length/pitch of the injector than the rails themselves. I could be wrong though.

Are those Siemens deca 80# injectors? I think it may be more of a function of the length/pitch of the injector than the rails themselves. I could be wrong though.

I thought the same. I have 24lb ford injectors. The new ones are Ford Racing 60lb. Heres a picture of the two side by side. I get the same problem with the old ones.

Attachments

• IMG_20160601_145256.jpg
    IMG_20160601_145256.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 335
Reactions: 1 user
Have you tried a stock distributor and cap? Looks like you have an aftermarket setup. PP is not known as the highest quality company, they seem to repackaged Chinese stuff under their name. Although, of the chinese stuff out their, they do have some of the "better" offerings.

Joe

Have you tried a stock distributor and cap? Looks like you have an aftermarket setup. PP is not known as the highest quality company, they seem to repackaged Chinese stuff under their name. Although, of the chinese stuff out their, they do have some of the "better" offerings.

Joe

The first two pictures are with the stock distributor. My guess is its just cheap and not well made or designed.

Can you use a different fitting that will not interfere? Like a 90 degree?

Its to close to the distributor. I have a 90 but it still gets in the way. I might be able to make it work if I pull the rail outwards but I feel that it puts to much twist on the injectors.

Has anyone else used an aftermarket fuel rail set up? If so what did you use? Did you have fitment problems?

I just did some quick looking around so I'm no guru on this, but isn't the front of the driver side fuel rail supposed to be plugged off? I see on other aftermarket fuel rails that the fuel return line is plumbed elsewhere with these setups. :shrug:

The stock fuel rail is normally plugged off on the driver side front. It still does not negate the fact that it interferes with the stock distributor and aftermarket unless I put a twist on the injectors. I still wouldn't be able to put a plug on the end with out it rubbing the distributor. Sometimes people put the fuel regulator before the fuel rail and some put it after. The people at aeromotive and other builders suggested its best to put it after the fuel rail. I plan on putting it after the rail.

What's your power level looking like? Sn95 rails may be worth looking into if the stock units are too small. They are supposed to support up to 500hp

What's your power level looking like? Sn95 rails may be worth looking into if the stock units are too small. They are supposed to support up to 500hp

Im looking around 400-500 HP. Ill have too check out the SN95 rails. I thought that it was just easier to replace them with aftermarket since I need to replace the lines. It seems like with the aftermarket they are all shaped the same. Im not use if I need to use a different intake with aftermarket intake or what. It looks like other fuel rails are very similar in dimensions.

Im looking around 400-500 HP. Ill have too check out the SN95 rails. I thought that it was just easier to replace them with aftermarket since I need to replace the lines. It seems like with the aftermarket they are all shaped the same. Im not use if I need to use a different intake with aftermarket intake or what. It looks like other fuel rails are very similar in dimensions.

@FoxMustangLvr is right I believe. Look at the pic i attached. This is part# 10601, which is your fuel rails with a regulator included. The drivers side rail should be capped, with the fuel coming in on the passengers side and the cross over is at the rear.

Joe

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-01-21-25-14.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-01-21-25-14.png
    653.9 KB · Views: 502
@FoxMustangLvr is right I believe. Look at the pic i attached. This is part# 10601, which is your fuel rails with a regulator included. The drivers side rail should be capped, with the fuel coming in on the passengers side and the cross over is at the rear.

Joe
I noticed that kit. The passenger side rail is different. It has a port for an adapter that they do not sell separately. I know thats how the stock configuration is set with the port plugged on the driver front. The issue is that the rail runs into the distributor, stock and aftermarket. And the passenger side rail mounting holes are not alighted properly.

Joe

This port on the side of the rail is not on mine and the adapter is not sold separately.

Attachments

• 10601_2.png
    10601_2.png
    103.3 KB · Views: 408
This port on the side of the rail is not on mine and the adapter is not sold separately.
What port? From the install instructions for your kit, the fitting that you show in the picture (below) that is interfering with the distributor does not get installed right there. It should be installed at the back of the rail (for the crossover) and a plug should be installed at the front.
img_20160601_124657-jpg.557869.jpg

This picture (from LMR's website) shows your fuel inlet and fuel return line on the passenger side
pp-10601_5555.jpg

As far as the mounting holes not lining up I don't know what to say, you have not provided clear pictures of that issue. It's possible you got sent the wrong part?

Reactions: 1 users
Not understanding why the OP isn't capping the driver side rail, running the crossover in the rear and then the inlet to the fuel line on the passenger side rail . Problem solved. :shrug:
If it's a stock block, i'm not sure why he's running aftermarket rails at all.
Fuel system parts are expensive and considering a stock style system will go above 500rwhp, I just don't see the point if it's not absolutely necessary.

Regardless, this is why I prefer to economize with the best, had this been a set of aeromotive rails and there was a problem, at least there would be someone to get assistance from.

Reactions: 1 users
If it's a stock block, i'm not sure why he's running aftermarket rails at all.
Fuel system parts are expensive and considering a stock style system will go above 500rwhp, I just don't see the point if it's not absolutely necessary.

Regardless, this is why I prefer to economize with the best, had this been a set of aeromotive rails and there was a problem, at least there would be someone to get assistance from.

Exactly. I'm making just shy of 500 flywheel HP and my stock fuel rails work fine, thank you.

Exactly. I'm making just shy of 500 flywheel HP and my stock fuel rails work fine, thank you.
I've personally seen it work with vortech hci cars at above 500rwhp.

I'm also not a fan of the "building for the future" plan with fuel systems. All that does is complicate the present setup.
Gss340 high pressure 255 pump with 42's is all anyone with a stock block needs.
Any since everyone loves tuning these days, i'd probably use a set of 39's (with adapters or pigtails) or get a meter calibrated for them, they are dirt cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.