Jason Azbill

Jul 4, 2016
Hey guys I'm new to the fourm, I've got a 1990 GT with a very healthy 302 that I am trying to build into a drag car that will still be a "street car". The previous owner spliced into every word you can think of and it's really quite sketchy. So I would like to gut the factory wiring and start from scratch, however I want to keep the interior of the car looking as stock as possible (factory seats, dash, switches, ect.) to do this I need to know what wires go to where in the rats nest of wiring behind the dash and throughout the car. If anyone has a complete set or even just miscellaneous wiring diagrams for a 1990 GT that they could share it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

I'm assuming you have one of these? Is it worth the $15?
It's worth way more than $15. Not sure why it's so cheap to be honest.
If you had your car fixed at ford, that is the book they would use.
There is a learning curve to reading it, but I think that would apply to any wiring diagram.

Reactions: 1 user
The $15 is probably a CD version of the manual.

I would rather have a CD version because it is easier to search for things than thumbing through a paper book or trying to find something in the Index or Table of Contents.
Find what you want and print the page out or email it to your smartphone.

The $15 is probably a CD version of the manual.

I would rather have a CD version because it is easier to search for things than thumbing through a paper book or trying to find something in the Index or Table of Contents.
Find what you want and print the page out or email it to your smartphone.

Na, it's paperback, they don't offer a CD for cars this old (I think I even paid $15 for the 03 cobra/gt one back a few years too).

Regardless I'm going to have to respectfully disagree about using the CD. I've done it before, what a nightmare.
Printing the whole book out will use like $15 in ink (cost of the book) and my POS printer either doesn't work or is always out of ink.
Nothing worse than having to carry a computer out to the car, as if I don't break enough things fixings other things.
Worst of all, many people don't even have a CD drive anymore.
Then when you are done there really isn't a neat way to store it all, so I would just throw out all the greasy destroyed pages. All it created for me was a disorganized mess.

Last but not least, thumbing through it helps you get familiar with the book.

If you are in my family and I fix your car (for free), I make you buy the real manuals from helm inc.
Want to talk about crazy, my fathers 2004 srx has 3 books all 500+pages and then the wiring diagram.
The fox mechanical manual is like 1 500 page book. I don't use it much anymore, but when I was younger and less experienced, it did help.

I also prefer the book. Right out next to me in the car. Got the grease on the pages to prove it too.

The FSM for my Infinti was amazingly conplete. Something like 30-35 PDFs with some over 400 pages.

Too bad nobody's gone through PDFing the fox mechanical manuals and done something like this

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/

Not that I need it

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

@2000xp8

Ideally, the CD is a PDF document that can be searched using the free Adobe PDF Reader. If you are fortunate enough to have the buy it Adobe PDF writer you can insert comments in the PDF document if it isn't locked down.

I have my computer upstairs, my wife's computer downstairs and a pair of 24 year old HP LaserJet printers, all on a home network. There is a old, slow computer in the shop that is good for playing Windows Music library and looking up the occasional web page or my how to documents. All of this cost less than a good set of used aluminum heads. The fact that I fix computers for a living makes it simpler and less expensive than it would be otherwise.