1991 Lx Hatchback With Sunroof

Sk8trfred

Feb 27, 2007
MA
I'm supposed to be going to pickup a roller today I've looked at the car already it's very clean just some dents. the rust under the car is minimal, just surface rust that could probably be wire brushed away, it does have a sunroof though. I looked around the sunroof on the outside and there's no signs of rusting what else can I look for without pulling the headliner down??

• Sponsors (?)

You could pour water in the drain channel and see if the water drains where it should. Front drains behind the front tires sand rear drains are just behind the front doors

Reactions: 1 user
Make sure it's a factory sunroof and not an aftermarket one. Factory will have no trim around the hole in the roof just on the glass, aftermarket is very difficult to match the glass if ever broken and rust could form around that trim.

You could pour water in the drain channel and see if the water drains where it should. Front drains behind the front tires sand rear drains are just behind the front doors

Thanks for the tip

Make sure it's a factory sunroof and not an aftermarket one. Factory will have no trim around the hole in the roof just on the glass, aftermarket is very difficult to match the glass if ever broken and rust could form around that trim.

I believe it’s factory one from your description. this is the only pic I have that shows the sunroof
IMG_2450.JPG