1991 stock 5.0 on3 turbo megasquirt tuning.

I usually see 4 main wires coming off the wideband controller. Main positive, Main ground, Signal positive, and Signal ground. I do the main wires to a standard switched 12v source and any standard ground, but run the signal wires to the ECU directly. Been doing this for many installs and always have good agreement between the controller gauge and the Tunerstudio gauge.

• Sponsors (?)

Best option is to ground it at the ECU. Most of the wb manufacturers have different guidelines some say at ECU other like innovate say ground at battery.
sorry for the delayed response been busy, but i was able to drive the car around a little bit the other day here is a idle and rev log i can take a log driving this week

Attachments

• 2018-06-21_18.12.22.msl
    328.8 KB · Views: 199
  • turbofox_2018-06-21_18.09.08.msq
    118.6 KB · Views: 215
Not exactly. Innovate controller gets ground from same as battery ground (chassis). WBO2 goes to Innovate controller.
Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 9.02.42 AM.png

That is exactly what my statement says,

Best option is to ground it at the ECU. Most of the wb manufacturers have different guidelines some say at ECU other like innovate say ground at battery

after having issues with my innovate wb I called them and they recommended the ground and power come straight from the battery like in the diagram above.

The picture is a schematic not a physical description. It does NOT show ground at the battery, it only shows that the battery ground & the Innovate ground are "common".
https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/MTX-L_print 1.2.pdf

2.1 -2
2 The BLACK wire should be grounded to a solid ground source. The best possible ground source would be the battery ground (-) post. If other Innovate Motorsports devices are going to be daisy-chained along with the MTX-L, it is recommended that all devices be connected to a single ground point, ideally the battery ground (-) post.

;)

i was able to drive it around a little today and logged, the boost guage on tuner studio showed it was only going to -6psi but i heard the turbo spool and i could tell it was going into boost. so im not sure whats wrong

Attachments

• 2018-06-29_20.19.53.msl
    158.6 KB · Views: 192