1991notch's Progress Thread (PICS)...

thanks for the compliments guys... little update

Nitto 555R drag radials... 275/40/17's :D

today-1.jpg

they're sitting on a towel because the a$$hole UPS driver decided to roll them up my driveway in the middle of a blizzard because he was too lazy to carry them :mad:

Attachments

• today-1.jpg
    today-1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Sponsors (?)

Do the UPS drivers job for a while and see how tired/lazy you get. lol Those guys bust their asses off for that company!

i'm an archaeologist, which means i work outside every day for a living digging holes (with a shovel, not a backhoe) so i'm no stranger to manual labor, and i didn't mean to be insensitive, but i still wouldn't drag someone's expensive stuff through mud, salt and snow, no matter how tired i was :shrug:

granted, they're tires, but anyway sorry for offending the delivery guy union :rolleyes:

haha i got eagle eyes for stupid s hit like that,car looks good thou,your still killing me with the wheels thou.....im waiting to see em:D

thanks man! unfortunately, the wheels aren't going on the car until the temps hit 50 degrees and stay there for a week, you should know how bad the weather is in the tri-state area being that you live in dirty jerzy :D we got another 6 inches or so today and it's still coming down :mad: :notnice:

hey 91 notchback car looks great now cant imagine how good its gonna look after the wheel install ,,probly...BADASS! lookin good man keep up the good work, feel your pain on the weather ,currently gettin a couple inches of snow here in western N.C , puts a halt to the projects.:notnice:

dumb update... so, today out of valentine's day boredom/depression i replaced the crappy bulbs in all of my autometer gauges with the bright green LEDs i ordered... took a grand total of 15 minutes start to finish and made a HUGE difference, they were barely visable at night before this

for anyone looking to do this, the part number on summit is ATM-3285 and many other colors are available... i also couldn't get my digital camera to get a clear shot of them at night, but they look awesome and are much, much brighter than before... better updates coming soon i promise

today001-2.jpg

today002-2.jpg

today003-2.jpg

Chris :nice:

Awesome progress on this thing! Can't wait to see the new wheels with the car lowered. I had a similar top end package on my old 91 lx with a 4.10 rear and that car haul a**! Keep the pics coming! :nice:

BTW, any problems buying from OE? :shrug:

Awesome progress on this thing! Can't wait to see the new wheels with the car lowered. I had a similar top end package on my old 91 lx with a 4.10 rear and that car haul a**! Keep the pics coming! :nice:

BTW, any problems buying from OE? :shrug:

thanks man! :nice: nope, no problems at all with them, fast shipping and great customer service (the owner called me personally on my cell phone the day after i ordered to remind me that i'd have to take off the quad shocks, i knew that already but that was nice of him regardless)

patience is a virtue my internet friend... between grad school, working less, and the consistently horrible weather, i haven't had the time or money to mount the tires yet or to lower the car, but it will all be coming together soon...

but probably after finals :bang:

patience is a virtue my internet friend... between grad school, working less, and the consistently horrible weather, i haven't had the time or money to mount the tires yet or to lower the car, but it will all be coming together soon...

Me & you are in the same boat right now. We both have the same wheels goin on a coupe, but both have yet to get them mounted up!!! Hopefully I will have my rears mounted up this weekend...

Yours are going to have a better offset that is designed for a fox though, but I wanted to go 5 lug....

I hear ya man...I'm going on my last year in college also (after this semester...I've already had two years of school before I started for my BS...associates in culinary arts)...and I have this one nazi professor that throws a test every week. Between work and school, I have no time to do anything aswell. I know exactly what your going through. Good Luck man! Looking forward to see your car!

small update today... i did a few small things to make the engine bay look a little better, i put on an MSD cap and rotor and some Ford Racing black plug wires, i switched out the cheesy blue BBK silicone couplings on my CAI for some black ones i ordered, and i installed some Sylvania Silverstar Ultra headlights (i won't know how much brighter they are until dark though) check it out, and stay tuned!

today001-3.jpg

BEFORE
today001-1.jpg

AFTER
today002-3.jpg

today003-3.jpg

Chris :nice: