1991notch's Progress Thread (PICS)...

• Sponsors (?)

I tried using the velcro first, then tried gluing the velcro, and ended up at super glue.

your basically where I was at with everything, and its looking good. keep up the A+ work comrade

Looking good!

thanks guys! i really want to go out and tear down my center console and swap my carpet right now, but it's 10 pm and work kicked my ass :( very soon though...

I really like your seat choice, looking really good.

Thanks Terry, '04 cobra seats I pretty much stole from a wrecked car :nice:

Well... today was a LONG day working on the car. Last night I disassembled, cleaned, prepped, and sprayed my center console and glove box door. Today I changed out the carpet and reassembled everything. ACC makes a quality carpet, but what a complete PITA to install (especially by yourself). All I have left to do is get the headliner recovered and paint the interior quarter panel trim and I'll have a complete black interior!

The interior is really dusty and dirty in these pics, but it's 10 pm and i'm too exhausted to clean it up now. Check it out and let me know what you all think.

glove box door and handle painted up, i didn't get a shot of the rest of it painted for some weird reason
blk001.jpg

old carpet that i wrestled out of the car against its will
blk004.jpg

ooooooooh yeah! those are some clean floor pans, i'm glad i bought a california car :D
blk002.jpg

blk003.jpg

new carpet warming up and getting pliable in the hot long island sun
blk005.jpg

halfway through the installation
blk006.jpg

a little further...
blk007.jpg

and the (almost) finished product
blk009.jpg

blk008.jpg

Chris :nice:

since you chose those kewbra seats you wont have the change the seatbelts, I have found that a black set of seatbelts goes for more than i have spent on some parts cars. I was thinking of using seatbelts from a diff. brand of car and just making them work.

you interior looks great, makes you feel good that you did it all yourself, did you use SEM paint?

since you chose those kewbra seats you wont have the change the seatbelts, I have found that a black set of seatbelts goes for more than i have spent on some parts cars. I was thinking of using seatbelts from a diff. brand of car and just making them work.

you interior looks great, makes you feel good that you did it all yourself, did you use SEM paint?

yeah, the black and grey seats make it forgiveable to have the grey seat belts... i'm glad because my wallet is really empty lately :rolleyes:

thanks! i did use the SEM color coat... i used dish soap, grease and wax remover, tack cloth, prep spray, adhesion promoter, and "Landau Black" SEM color coat... the stuff is amazing!

it took some customizaton and trimming, i cut the ring off the old shift boot and removed the old staples holding it in place, i then threaded heavy wire through the staple holes in the ring and through the base of the new shift boot... fairly simple but just takes some patience

Chris,I wish I would have had your floor pans. I didn't realize you had those rims til tonight when I went back over this thread, guess i was overtaken with all the other info. I have the rims in my possesion and they are fitting really bad with the new k-member. I hope you have better luck, maybe all these people are using the stock k-member with out coil overs. I like the rims alot, I'm thinking about sending them out with the backs, to WeldCraft and have them narrowed, this is getting expensive. Let me know.

Chris,I wish I would have had your floor pans. I didn't realize you had those rims til tonight when I went back over this thread, guess i was overtaken with all the other info. I have the rims in my possesion and they are fitting really bad with the new k-member. I hope you have better luck, maybe all these people are using the stock k-member with out coil overs. I like the rims alot, I'm thinking about sending them out with the backs, to WeldCraft and have them narrowed, this is getting expensive. Let me know.

Sorry to hear about the fitment issues, Terry. From everything I've seen online, coilovers can really end up limiting wheel width up front. I'm only running springs and struts, stock k-member, and I also have the later style fenders on my coupe, which are a bit more forgiving and give the rims some more breathing room. There are a bunch of guys on Corral running the 17x9s up front, but I haven't seen them on a 4 eye yet. I'll let you know how they fit on my car. It might be apples to oranges, but I'll let you know either way.

Sorry to hear about the fitment issues, Terry. From everything I've seen online, coilovers can really end up limiting wheel width up front. I'm only running springs and struts, stock k-member, and I also have the later style fenders on my coupe, which are a bit more forgiving and give the rims some more breathing room. There are a bunch of guys on Corral running the 17x9s up front, but I haven't seen them on a 4 eye yet. I'll let you know how they fit on my car. It might be apples to oranges, but I'll let you know either way.

im running 275's up front, needed some "fitting" to get it right but you can check that out in my progress thread soon