1992 2.3 missing terribly up to 2000 RPM

I just bought a very well taken care of '92 2.3 hatchback with 90K original miles. It has the dual-plug head. The car was stored for quite sometime, so therefore it's completely rust free, but I think the storage may be whats making the engine act up. The car ran absolutely perfect for the first one or two weeks. Now, the car is missing terribly when you get on the gas up until around 2000 RPM. I bought Motorcraft double platinum plugs and wires and gapped them properly. I have ran Lucas fuel-injector cleaner through the car numerous times. People are telling me it's probably a clogged fuel injector, but if it was that, wouldn't the car be missing ALL the time? Any if you guys have ideas? I'm starting to get really frustrated.:(

• Sponsors (?)

i had the same problem!!! i had a clogged fuel line and a few clogged injectors. no matter how much cleaner you run throught it you will NEVER fix it. you have to take em out and clean em. and run all new fuel lines (thats what i did) i also had a VERY screwed cooling system from the radiator back. look in the inside of your rad and you will be able to tell real quick if you have that problem too. hope it goes better man.