Fox 1992 GT - which exhaust setup?

Jatt92GT

Dec 3, 2018
Surrey, bc
i want an exhaust setup with a deep and throaty rumble sound, similar to the slp loudmouth catback but something deeper and maybe not as loud. i was thinking flowmaster super 10's with an H pipe and some long tube headers. if anybody knows of any other options i could go for that are for a similar sound which im looking for that would be a great help

• Sponsors (?)

I love my dynomax ultra flows, I run a set behind some long tubes and a Mac prochamber. Their super turbo mufflers sounds great as well if you’re looking for something that isn’t a flowmaster.

Hooker aerochamber sounds good as well.

Exhaust setups are like women, everybody has their tastes.

Flowmaster 10's are not quiet, and they're definitely not throaty-at least not on a 5.0. Nothing is throaty on a 5.0. You need about twice as many cubic inches to get into that territory. In my opinion, he best you're going to do is a set of turbo-style mufflers. Dynomax is a good choice, with H pipe.

I'm going to give Jones Maxflow mufflers a try, quality for the price can't be beat.
I currently run off road X w/Ultra flows behind my 393w, the horrible drone has been eliminated
but there still a little loud for my old ears.
After countless hours of reading reviews/sound clips it seems maxflows are on the mellower side.
We'll see

After years of a MAC prochamber and MAC cat back I changed to a BBK X-pipe and back to my original first ever mod to my exhaust from the late 80's....DynoMax Super Turbos WLK-17734. I do not impress anyone by revving the engine anymore but what a nice ride down the road actually being about to hear a stereo!!! Mufflers have been on for a little over a year now and I am not regretting it. Also on the plus side, they were only $42 each from Summit. It still sounds like a mustang but I'm not going deaf in the process.

I had Super Turbos on my last Mustang and liked they way they sounded. They did get louder with age. Not sure if that's normal or not.

i want an exhaust setup with a deep and throaty rumble sound, similar to the slp loudmouth catback but something deeper and maybe not as loud. i was thinking flowmaster super 10's with an H pipe and some long tube headers. if anybody knows of any other options i could go for that are for a similar sound which im looking for that would be a great help

or even the magnaflow competition catback, what are your guys' thoughts on that?