1993 Cobra Intake or 94-95 Cobra Intake

Which intake would you choose

• Total voters

granprix76

Sep 13, 2004
I will be upgrading the intake on my Mustang soon to a Cobra Intake and wanted some feed back to which intake would make the engine compartment look cleaner and have better performance? The 1993 Cobra Intake or the 94-95 Cobra Intake?

• Sponsors (?)

the 94/95 is much more unique, and currently discontinued. Plus, I think the plain silver plate and the cobra logo on the 94/95 manifolds only look so much better than the 93 cobra manifold, and the flow is only like 2cfms off, so its not that much better of performance w/the 93. And if you go w/ 93 you have to buy EGR plate, and Elbow conversion. not worth it in my opinion, go on Ebay, get a 94/95 cobra

95snoozer said:
:stupid:

engine_2004.jpg

DSC00671.JPG

Thanks, that's a GT-40 Upper intake. They make a little more power than the Cobra upper but its a small difference from my understanding.

Lower is the same as a Cobra 5.0 and the upper can be had used from a 351 lightning for about $150 or new for $300 (I believe). I just got mine used and painted it (normally just a silver powdercoat, mine was all chipped up).

If you want a cheap used lower, I have one that has a crack in the coolant passage but could be welded up by someone good at welding aluminum. I completely understand if you'd rather get a new one though.

I'm kinda biased on the 93 Cobra. :D ....Next on my list is to try the GT40 ...havent been able to come across just an upper yet... :bang:

The Fox set-up looks cleaner to me than the elbow...thats just me..

intake.09.jpg

intake.09._1.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
RIO5.0 said:
I'm kinda biased on the 93 Cobra. :D ....Next on my list is to try the GT40 ...havent been able to come across just an upper yet... :bang:

The Fox set-up looks cleaner to me than the elbow...thats just me..

intake.09.jpg

intake.09._1.jpg

Guess nobody really likes to vote huh? :(

Both years od cobras a GT40 intakes, at least they are bassed off the GT40 lower and use large round upper intake runners.. I also heard the '93 flows better, but like mentioned a SMALL amount. I would say get what you can find the best deal on keeping in mind about the elbow and EGR items..