1993 cobra mustang authenticity

motocrossed733

Aug 16, 2007
Hey guys I am looking at a 1993 cobra it is about 230 miles away it is black sunroof 5 speed, I need to know what to look for in a fake cobra I guess I dont know the VIN yet but when I obtain it do you know a website to check the VIN. the car in on craigslist in portland Oregon check it out I dont know how to post a link any has the correct badging and spoiler rear bumber. etc. thanks for any help. That is my dream car.

• Sponsors (?)

The 8th letter of the VIN will be a D if it's a real 1993 Cobra.

Also, look at the steering wheel. Real Cobras don't have cruise control.

As for posting the link...just copy and paste the web URL from the top of your browser into the post

Well I dont see any CC buttons, I think. Look for the "D" in the vin and you should be good.

It seems like its been driven, but in good shape; check to see if it still has GT40 heads (or better) since its been rebuilt.

Correct, No 93 Cobra had cruise

I am curious to know how the seller figures less than 300 Cobras were made in 93...There were 5100 total Cobras built in 1993 - 4993 Cobras and 107 R's.

Looks legit from those pics, but yeah the VIN is the best way.

Well I dont see any CC buttons, I think. Look for the "D" in the vin and you should be good.

It seems like its been driven, but in good shape; check to see if it still has GT40 heads (or better) since its been rebuilt.
how can you guys tell from those pics that there is no cruise controls.there is a guy on the cobra registry that is interested i a buyin a wheel and airbag from me and told me that he would be definately be interested if it didn't have cruise control. i would think he could just remove the button and add a dummy plug i don't know.

how can you guys tell from those pics that there is no cruise controls.there is a guy on the cobra registry that is interested i a buyin a wheel and airbag from me and told me that he would be definately be interested if it didn't have cruise control. i would think he could just remove the button and add a dummy plug i don't know.

The Cobra didnt use delete plates, the non-cruise control wheel is a whole different mold. You can kinda see the larger gaps in the L&R center spokes in the pic, but I still need to see a bigger pic.

Yeah good thing the old owner isa liar she basically promised I would be second to see the car and then pulled one on me I hope the car doesn't suffer her bad karma, oh well I am happy for the new owner the old one can *** off.
I hope she was selling the car for her heroine habit, I am a little pissed off at her if you cant tell. any way back to my convertibles engine hopefully the machine shop has started. there is a nother cobra popped up in portland this one of course is 11,500