Electrical 1993 GT carbon in distibutor?

Nuclearss1

Sep 22, 2018
Iowa
Hello all, wondering if I can get some advice.
I have a supercharged 93 GT and have pulled the distributor out. I noticed some noise in it rattling around and when turned upside down, 2 pieces of what looked like charcoal fell out of it. They were alongated and about 1/4" wide and 3/8" long. Definatley didn't look like dislodged carbon deposits from the cap and rotor. Any idea if this is a problem, or a symptom of a failing distributor.

• Sponsors (?)

Carefully inspect the distributor cap and rotor in bright light. They are the only 2 plastic parts in the distributor likely to get up in the top of the distributor. It is quite likely that they are the source of the odd pieces.

Carefully inspect the distributor cap and rotor in bright light. They are the only 2 plastic parts in the distributor likely to get up in the top of the distributor. It is quite likely that they are the source of the odd pieces.

Thanks for the reply, man. Closer inspection revealed nothing out of the ordinary. The pieces that were in there crumbled to nothing quite easily. It's just wierd. Probably going to clean it up with some contact cleaner and run it.