1993 GT - Dipstick PN

5literPwr

Founding Member
Jul 17, 2002
I would like to know the correct part number of the 1993 GT engine oil dipstick. My dipstick shows much higher than the max line after an oil change (yes I drain both plugs, and filter and fill 5 quarts etc) and I am hoping to get the correct part number. Searching the topic here on the forums reveals postings indicating different part numbers and different lengths for some reason. If you have a 93 GT and your dipstick shows the correct level, please let me know the part number on it if you dont mind. Also, I dont know if it matters or not, but it has an auto trans. Thanks a lot.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 92 with bbl shorty headers and it I have the same problem....from what I've seen it's a common problem and most people go with an adtermarket dipstick set up with a flexible tube I believe Locar makes one you can get from summit which I'm going tk go with

It's common. I just took a die grinder and made my own "FULL" line after doing a fresh 5 quart change after the car had sat for 24+ hours and allowing it to drain for a couple hours.

If you look in the Ford Service Manual it says after an Oil Change that Full will be above the Full Line, not sure why Ford did not just have the correct marked Dipsticks to begin with.