1993 Lx 427 Stroker

autopart101

Jul 1, 2013
Hi all,
Just installed Super VICTOR intake and elbow. Now it's time for the dyno tune. Hope this thing puts down 450+ RWHP

Early 351w Block
4.040 bore 4.170 stroke (427.64CI)
Hyd roller 242/[email protected] .598 Lift
1.7 RR
Mod 400M Crank/Eagle H beam rods/probe pistons
OOTB Victor JR heads
10.2-1 CR
Super Vic EFI Elbow (ported)
36lb injectors
90mm TB
90mm lighting MA
4 inch power pipe
1 3/4 long tube headers 3 inch cat back
TKO600 Trans

View: https://youtu.be/g9ktZlrnuZo

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice car. Sounds good. Just a fwiw you're limiting your potential power with those fuel injectors. They need to be bigger if you want to get to 450whp. Post the dyno sheet when you get the results.

Well I guess the dyno will tell. From what I've seen is you'll pull hard till around mid rpm and flatline around 5k rpms. The cam and topend are capable of another 1000rpms(at least). You're going to go beyond 85% duty cycle. If you are running near stock fuel pressure(40#) they won't provide enough fuel. You can cheat and turn that up and gain some but that's a bandaid fix. That motor would really like a 60# inj imo. 36's are only good to around 450-500 flywheel hp. That is only going to get you to around 400-425 rwhp at best. What size pump are you using? Hope it works for you and if not you're just a few parts swap away for maximum performance. Best of luck and please post the results. We all are suckers for dyno sheets and pics lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Well I guess the dyno will tell. From what I've seen is you'll pull hard till around mid rpm and flatline around 5k rpms. The cam and topend are capable of another 1000rpms(at least). You're going to go beyond 85% duty cycle. If you are running near stock fuel pressure(40#) they won't provide enough fuel. You can cheat and turn that up and gain some but that's a bandaid fix. That motor would really like a 60# inj imo. 36's are only good to around 450-500 flywheel hp. That is only going to get you to around 400-425 rwhp at best. What size pump are you using? Hope it works for you and if not you're just a few parts swap away for maximum performance. Best of luck and please post the results. We all are suckers for dyno sheets and pics lol.
Running 255lph in the tank and in line pump. Also I have 1/2 fuel line ran from the tank to a YouTube block to feed the rails. Adjustable. Fuel press regulator. I'll post the sheets.

Running 255lph in the tank and in line pump. Also I have 1/2 fuel line ran from the tank to a Y block to feed the rails. Adjustable. Fuel press regulator. I'll post the sheets.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
After a summer of driving I'm ready for more HP. Car never would hook up 2.1 60 foot. Ran 96MPH in the 1/8. Made the switch to Carb. New combo working on this winter.
Same 427 short Block
1050 Holley Dom
Edelbrock 2828 intake Ported
AFR 220s
shaft Rockers
11-1 CR
Cam [email protected] .700 lift SR.

Reactions: 1 users