Electrical 1993 Mustang Clock Spring

Sheriff01

Apr 13, 2020
FL
I know this part is basically unobtainable but has anyone found a substitute that will work in its place? The horn and cruise control still work but the airbag light flashes and the code is a 13...Bad Clock Spring.

FT3ZZ-14A664 A is the original part number.... I found one for a 93 Cobra but it has a different part number of F3ZC- 14A664-AB

thanks
S01

• Sponsors (?)

I think the AB part of the number is an updated version of the original, A original, AA and AB are updated versions.
that is my understanding. It should work.
But unless it is new :shrug: I
Read this thread on the same problem:

Ok, but then get used to the clock spring chime when indicates something is wrong.

I completely understand what you're saying, but the reality is thousands of guys have been down this path already and the clock spring well has run dry. You're best option is to remove your HVAC controls and unplug the airbag computer which is located behind it and also remove the airbag cluster bulb. No more clock spring chime and no illuminated airbag light in your cluster.

Research this topic. You'll find this to be the "fix".

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I hope a reproduction or retrofit fix is on the way. I am not ready for parts being as hard to find as for the 1961 or 65 cars I also own!
I guess a dead airbag system a good excuse to use a different steering wheel for a while.
Ok, but then get used to the clock spring chime when indicates something is wrong.

I completely understand what you're saying, but the reality is thousands of guys have been down this path already and the clock spring well has run dry. You're best option is to remove your HVAC controls and unplug the airbag computer which is located behind it and also remove the airbag cluster bulb. No more clock spring chime and no illuminated airbag light in your cluster.

Research this topic. You'll find this to be the "fix".