1993 Mustang Door Lock Wiring Help!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP

roadrunner19va

Oct 1, 2005
I tried hooking up my crimestopper alarm to my 1993 Mustang LX 5.0. I hooked everything up except the door locks. I understand that it is a reverse polarity system. But I can not seem to hook it up correctly. if anyone has pictures or a wiring diagram that would be very helpful. I have blown like 5 fuses trying to hook it up. The door locks work with the factory door switch. But when I hook up the alarm wiring it keeps blowing the fuse. Please someone give me a diagram or something to help me out. Thanks Travis

• Sponsors (?)

Travis, no diagram but:

Are you sure you have the N.C (87A) and N.O. (87)terminals wired correctly on your SPDT relay? If they are backwards, the lock switches still work but it will blow fuses when you use the alarm (IIRC). Just something to double check real quick.

Let me see if I can find a diagram.

Good luck.

Travis, did the 451M come with instructions? I used one on my last install and it did. I was using it on a two wire set-up though. I would look up the schematic that came with it but I am pretty sure I tossed it. If you have the instructions, I would see about hookin it up like their 5 wire picture.

The 451M really is like having two SPDT relays (but in a nice tight package), if that makes sense. They are great.

I am sorry to not be more helpful.