1993 Mustang Dyno

ok I had my 93 fox on the dyno and it only made 241hp at 5500 and 251torq is that about right for this set up, stock botton end 302 gt40x heads ported 1.7 rockers Anderson b-21 cam trick flow track heat upper and lower intake 30lb injectors 75mm t/b pro-m 80mm mass air and aod trans with a 3500 non lock up converter 373 gears

• Sponsors (?)

Do you mean that you had your Mustang on a dyno (Dynojet) or you had your Mustang on a Mustang dyno? I ask because a Mustang dyno can read significantly lower that a Dynojet. In the 12-15% range. Also the auto is sucking about 5-10% more power than an comparable manual car. Your car with a 5 spd, on a Dynojet, with the mods you listed should make in the 280-300 hp range at the wheels.

i have no idea who did a tune or what the dyno sheet looked like, so it is hard to say
what I can say is this
  • that stall speed is WAY to high for your setup- should be more like 2400-2600. that is killing your low end
  • AOD's suck about 20%of crank hp. so if you are 241 at the tire you are around 300 crank.
  • with a stick you should be around 270-280 rwhp.

Ok I’m confused on the different dynos!! What technically is a mustang dyno?

My understanding on it is this and I might be wrong.

A Dynojet is an mass based dyno. The rollers have a certain known mass to them and the machine measures how fast your car can accelerate the rollers. It cannot provide a constant load.

A Mustang dyno is resistance based. Usually something like Eddy Current or hydraulic. The Mustang dyno can provide a constant load to a car. So if you need to simulate pulling 6000 lbs up hill at a constant 3000 RPMs a Mustang dyno can do that.