1993 mustang gt sparks problem!!

A little about myself-- I'm a high school student who has recently started working on cars on my own. I've been learning a lot through repair books and online references and have been very enthusiastic towards anything that has to do with cars. I have a '93 gt 'stang that i've inherited from my dad that passed away 4 years ago.

Now the actual problem-
Everything is pretty much in good condition although i have 2 major problems.

Number 1. My transmission just constantly slips when going over 30 mph. (it is the automatic transmission). i haven't had time to diagnose the tranny fully since i thought id try and have the car starting which is my main concern which leads me to my next problem.

Number 2. A stripped spark plug entrance. I changed all but one spark plugs and when removing the last spark plug the thread sorta strips. I really don't know what to do and where to go. I know its possible to rethread the area but i'm not confident enough to do it. I was wondering if i could any insight into what i should do.

• Sponsors (?)

#1. The transmission could be as simple as making sure its properly filled. If its filled, the fix is beyond you at this point.
#2. While there is a tap that can be bought to repair damaged spark plug threads, if the plug wont tighten, then the threads are damaged beyond that. Itll require removing the head to have the threads repaired with an insert. I cannot imagine how youd do this with the head in place, and on the engine otherwise. Even if you could, the process will introduce alot of metal shavings into the cylinder.
Typically NOT what you want.

Now...all that said, and since I've beaten him to it.. @General karthief can move it to tech where itll get more direct replies

Reactions: 1 user
Check the fluid level in the trans like Mike said, and then check the TV cable where it connects to the throttle body. If the TV cable is disconnected or misadjusted, the trans will slip and probably fail. The cable connects the throttle body lever with a plastic bushing which can fail over time and disconnect the cable.

Reactions: 1 user
I really appreciate the help!! It's great to hear from people more experienced on this and get some second thoughts. The tranny was topped off so i'm sure that isn't the problem but ill definitely check that tv cable and make sure everything is aligned correctly but that won't be until a couple of weeks from now due to school and just little to no resources :(.
ILL stay posted on my progress!!!!!!