1993 Mustang LX 2.3 won't rev past 2k

koty244

May 27, 2019
Ridgeley WV
Hey guys! So my little :poo:box seems to be fine until she warms up, then doesn't want to rev past 2k. It almost sorta feels like it starts chugging along like a :leghump:ing choo-choo and starts making this gross sound that reminds me of misfiring, but not sure. I could really use some advice as she's my daily and I'd be fifty shades of **** if she died out on me all of a sudden. I replaced the fuel filter due to some friends' advice and it seemed to bandaid the problem for a couple weeks but she's back to this issue again. Does anyone know what I might be able to do to fix it, or has anyone ever had this problem? At this rate, I'm thinking of cancelling my insurance, ripping the 2.3 and A4LD out, and just replacing them with a 5.0 and T5 setup but that'd still leave me daily driver-less. Any advice or anything would be greatly appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

I should be able to have a local friend do that either tonight or tomorrow. Same guy with the test light to check the CEL so will keep updated. I've read that it could be anything from a failed coil pack to the catalytic converter being clogged and that would be a big suck. Lol.

Did you get any codes?
With the coolant disappearing, compression test and/or cooling system pressure test

I've had a faulty EGR cause issues similar to this as the valve was failing/sticking. Disconnected the sensor, and the computer quit trying to use the EGR system... made it so I could get to my job interview...

edit:
just realized how old this thread is, lol... did the car end up in a scrap yard?