Fuel 1993 super rich need help (FIXED)

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
My 93 coupe 5.0 was running ok, but had recently developed an occasional stall, but would start back up and run fine. I started the car yesterday, and bluish smoke came out the exhaust, and the car surged like crazy. I shut it down and pulled the plugs. They are all fouled and smell like raw fuel.

zHrU0o.jpg

spD5a4.jpg

My car is stock bottom end, AFR heads, GT 40 tubular intake, Anderson Ford cam, 24 lb injectors with correct C&L MAF.

I have the plugs out and upper intake off so I can't run KOER codes. I am thinking it's not a bad injector because all plugs are fouled, so maybe fuel pressure regulator or bad MAF (which was new 6 months ago and looks clean??)

When it stalled, I had to hold the gas to the floor (to shut off the injectors) to get it to start again.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Chris

• Sponsors (?)

You have to fix the code 67 before it will go into koer mode. You did have the trans in neutral and the clutch depressed?
Intake Air Temperature (IAT) or Vane Air Temperature (VAT) signal high – IAT VAT

Last edited:
The NSS code 67 can be bypassed for testing. You will need to temporarily ground computer pin 30 to the chassis. Computer pin 30 uses a Lt blue/yellow wire. Remove the passenger side kick panel and then remove the plastic cover from the computer wiring connector. Use a safety pin to probe the connector from the rear and jumper the safety pin to the ground near the computer.
copied this from one of jrichker's post, just don't drive the car with the pin grounded.