1994 Coca-cola mustang?

archerto

Jan 18, 2006
Yesterday my buddy and I washed our cars. Afterwards we noticed on the hood of his car (a 1994 GT Vert.) you could barely make out the remains of what must have been decals that had the coca cola logo a sun drinking from a coke bottle and the words red hot summer underneath. Does anyone know if coke did a give away or something that would explain why that would be on the hood? I can't really imagine someone installing a coca cola red hot summer decal on the hood of their car, but I guess it is possible. I was just wondering if any of you had heard of this before? I included a picture of what the logo is below. Thanks!
View attachment 450681

• Sponsors (?)

ok I found this on the new york times archives website

THE MEDIA BUSINESS: ADVERTISING -- ADDENDA; Coke Plans 'Red Hot Summer'
Print Save

By ANDREA ADELSON
Published: April 13, 1994
The Coca-Cola Company said yesterday that it would team with the Fox Broadcasting Company, the Ford Motor Company and more than 250 radio stations across the country for its largest promotion ever, called "Red Hot Summer."

The program, which begins on May 13 and runs through July 31, is intended to increase sales of Coca-Cola brands during the crucial summer season. It will offer $350 million worth of prizes and discounts, on items including Ford Mustang convertibles and Sega video games, through an instant-win promotion involving bottle caps, cup labels and game cards. Publicity will include announcements of winning numbers during previews of "Models Inc.," a Fox series being spun off from the network's Wednesday hit, "Melrose Place."

If anyone has any other info on this I would appreciate it!

hey michigander,
can you find out who the original owner is?

I don't know how I would go about that any ideas? maybe a carfax report? thanks.

SaleenGT2001 said:
its my old car. i just really liked coke back then, the stifter knob was an old 8oz bottle. i just wish i hadnt tattooed that damn coke polar bear on my cheast now:nonono:

i love to give people the benefit of the doubt that what they say around here is the truth..but this im not too sure :bs: :shrug:

i have a giant vault cola sticker ordered for the hood of the faleen. then comes the green window tint to make it look like the car is fulled with vault! also the old car had hub caps that were shaped just like giant coke pop tops! it was hot ***** back when i was 12 in 1994

SaleenGT2001 said:
i have a giant vault cola sticker ordered for the hood of the faleen. then comes the green window tint to make it look like the car is fulled with vault! also the old car had hub caps that were shaped just like giant coke pop tops! it was hot ***** back when i was 12 in 1994

:lol:

SaleenGT2001 said:

dood u can get $$$ for that on ebay

archerto said:
ok I found this on the new york times archives website

If anyone has any other info on this I would appreciate it!

I don't know how I would go about that any ideas? maybe a carfax report? thanks.
sega video games....:lol:

I would guess that your friend's car is one of those. I thought that the car may have been bought locally and that you could find out who the first owner was by asking around. If not, try contacting coca-cola, maybe they can tell you where the car was won. :shrug: