1994 mega squirt vs tweecer

Tfownes

Apr 5, 2018
Hey I’m having trouble finding anyone that will tune my stock computer so was thinking about going the mega squirt or tweecer direction. I was just wondering for someone with mild mods like injectors, cam, intakes, throttle body, MAF, what would be a good platform to use. Also at the moment my stock computer has some sort of chip that was installed at steeda I believe. Is this something I could tune or I should stick with? I’ll post a picture of the chip any help would be great thanks.
F50EE344-5197-4AC1-9ACB-DF69351810BD.jpeg
D4DBBE93-ADDC-4EDC-9FCE-BD3EC782DC8F.jpeg

Attachments

• 2EE42965-4F14-4FCC-ABBA-EBCD2DE19B58.jpeg
    2EE42965-4F14-4FCC-ABBA-EBCD2DE19B58.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Sponsors (?)

The car runs super lean right now, completely off the wide band gauge i installed. The previous owner installed a cam and never tuned it i believe everything else i got off a different engine that was parted out. So with the different cam then the engine had when it was tuned in this engine is why im running so lean i believe.

yup sounds like you need to tune it, now its mostly just getting the MAF transfer function correct. you cannot change the injectors or MAF without making sure they are matched for the ECU.
What is the combo?

No I changed everything and installed an AEM wideband at the same time thinking I'd need one if i needed to get it tuned. Called around and no one will tune the factory computer they either don't deal with stuff that old or they don't tune 94/95s, so now I'm looking at my options for either tuning it myself or chnaging the computer so someone will do it.

Yes they are the blue tops. Everything came off my brothers engine which ran great with this computer I think just the different cam has messed things up. He had a B303 cam I believe and I'm not sure what is in this engine.

Oh okay well I got it all from my brother so I know its all the stuff that came out of his car. The wire coming out of the chip has 7 settings I'll call steeda tomorrow and ask what number the tune should be on i would assume 1 but who knows.

A lot of the chips have multiple settings, so you can have more than one tune on a single chip. This means you could have a street tune, race tune, valet tune, etc.

Okay so the SCT chip isn’t going to be much help to me so I was thinking sell it and go megasquirt? Anyone have any opinions on megasquirt vs tweecer? Is a full stand alone like megasquirt overkill unless I’m going turbo or something?