1994 Mustang 5.0 running pig rich, black smoke at idle. 50 miles a tank of fuel

Warshark

May 31, 2018
San Antonio,TX
Hello all. Reaching out to the stangnet again for some advice! I have a 1994 Mustang with a new engine about 500 miles on it. bored .30 over, trick flow intake, pistons, twisted wedge heads, new factory 19lb injectors, BBK man and throttle body. Fuel pressure is set at 40. TPS is set at .98V at idle, MAF is reading good as well. The car is running just horribly rich. It has a BAMA customer tuner on it. but at idle the car is just puffing out black smoke, as well I get about 50-60 miles per tank of fuel! I can not figure out what is going on with this car. It has Koeo codes of 32,75,65,32. Please help I need this car to get to work and back and it is costing me out the A$$ for fuel! Thank you for the help!

• Sponsors (?)

All of your codes are not related to engine performance etc.
You posted you are running 19lb injectors,are you running the stock/matching maf?
Maybe consider unplugging the Bama chip?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Hello all. Reaching out to the stangnet again for some advice! I have a 1994 Mustang with a new engine about 500 miles on it. bored .30 over, trick flow intake, pistons, twisted wedge heads, new factory 19lb injectors, BBK man and throttle body. Fuel pressure is set at 40. TPS is set at .98V at idle, MAF is reading good as well. The car is running just horribly rich. It has a BAMA customer tuner on it. but at idle the car is just puffing out black smoke, as well I get about 50-60 miles per tank of fuel! I can not figure out what is going on with this car. It has Koeo codes of 32,75,65,32. Please help I need this car to get to work and back and it is costing me out the A$$ for fuel! Thank you for the help!
If you are truly going through 15 gallons of gas in 50 miles on a new engine, you are potentially destroying the engine by driving it. That much fuel is equivalent to pouring the whole tank down the intake in an hour of running.
Stop driving it until you get this figured out, or you will not have a new engine. And, If you've put 500 miles on it based on that fuel consumption....You'll have one that needs to be rebuilt.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
If you are truly going through 15 gallons of gas in 50 miles on a new engine, you are potentially destroying the engine by driving it. That much fuel is equivalent to pouring the whole tank down the intake in an hour of running.
Stop driving it until you get this figured out, or you will not have a new engine. And, If you've put 500 miles on it based on that fuel consumption....You'll have one that needs to be rebuilt.

+1.. STOP DRIVING THE THING!!

You're going to wash cylinders, or worse.. then you're gonna be rebuilding that new motor.

Sounds like the tune is :poo:.. also.. you should probably be running *at least* 24lb injectors on that setup.. if not 30's. Never a good idea to max them out if you don't need to..

I would 100% contact Willie Lynch at Dirty Dirty racing and ask him to maybe look at your tune man.. he is a wizard with these things.

40 psi vac off .... or on? If it's at 40 vac. line on.. you're way too high.