1994 Mustang GT Sputtering

Mikem95

Jul 6, 2021
Louisville, KY
Recently I ran into an issue with my car idling extremely low and shutting off at times. To include, the car likes to sputter and pull in every gear. My father was under the assumption that it was bad gas. After getting the old gas out and replacing with new the problem persisted. I replaced the Idle Air Control (still sputtering). I am on the brink of ordering a fuel pump but before I do I have a code reader coming in Friday from amazon. Anyone have any insight or knowledge you could pass on to assist me in my endeavors? Thank you

• Sponsors (?)

If the car sat long enough for the fuel to go bad, the varnish can coat the strainer sock that it pulls through giving you poor fuel pressure. The fuel pressure gauge nunly94gt suggests can help determine if that's what happened. If you replace the pump, be sure to replace the strainer too. And the fuel filter as well.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Well the vacuum leak has been found/fixed. Removed the EGR while I was at it and was successful in the process (no check engine). Still sputtering sadly. Gonna spend most of the day doing some troubleshooting. Compression test, fuel pressure test, maybe a fuel filter. Really trumped on this one. Ran a diagnostics test with the OBD-1. Nothing out of the ordinary. Thank you for the help this far fellas. If you have any ideas I’ll gladly take them and see if I can find the issue.