1994 radiator fan fuse question

Valicy

Feb 12, 2020
Washington
I've been testing things trying to figure out my fan problem. The 10a fuse under the hood is only out putting .2 volts. The fan is receiving the same. The engine temperature sensor is reading normal ohms. The fan will spin if you hook up power. The fuse under the dash for the ccrm is fine.

I'm just trying to figure out why the 10a fuse has such low voltage. Everything else is 12+v. Doesn't the battery positive run directly to the fuse box and give power to everything? Anyone run into this problem?

• Sponsors (?)

I thought the ccrm controlled the fan. There may be an issue with the ccrm or the fan relay
Doesn't the power for the fan go through the fuse box to the ccrm? That's what I see in all the diagrams. Seems like it should be more than 0.2 volts coming out of the fuse box. The fan relays are in the ccrm and I don't have low or high speed fan. I would replace it but it's suspicious if both of the relays don't work and the fuel pump one does. I haven't found an easy way to test the ccrm yet. My multimeter doesn't fit very well.

I know way more about fox mustangs than sn95s. The fan relay is inside the ccrm...a regular black box Bosch relay ( the cover has to be removed ). If you are on the correct fuse it should be batt + at all times. If it isn't would mean the problem is in the circuit to that fuse. Technically, you could bypass the 60 amp fuse in the fuse box. You'd do this by running the same gauge or bigger wire as black with orange stripe wire that comes out of the fuse box through another 60amp fuse and to the ccrm. We call that an overlay. The easiest way is with a 60amp fuse and female wire ends that will slip on the ends of the fuse.

The best way would be to dig into the fuse box and find out what is causing the issue and fix that.
Screenshot_20200212-224944_Chrome.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users