1995 5.0 Question Per Scanner

Vyper202

Jul 8, 2019
Virginia
Ok guys, I have a 1995 5.0 5 spd.... Mostly stock/original other than CAI and Flowmaster mufflers. It has 134,000 miles and doesn't appear the engine has ever been into. Heres a little background and my question....
Car sat in guys garage for 3 years, we bought it, drove it home. Ran OK but not 5.0 OK. Bought a Ford scanner so I wouldn't have to count flashes. Code showed a defective MAF, put a new one on, runs 100 times better... still a little weak to me, but my daily is a Vette... LOL. My question is this, when the scanner was hooked up, it shows you number of cylinders for your engine, a 8 of course for the 5.0, but the scanner is telling me mine is a 6 cyl??? Is this something to be concerned about? Possibly the ECM was changed out for some reason for a junkyard 6 cyl one? I think the car just be a little stronger than it is, but I havent had a 5.0 GT for many years so I may be wrong... Thanks for any opinions guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Yes its tuned... this is what has been done since we bought it couple weeks ago:
New MAF
Cleaned CAI filter
Plugs wires cap rotor button
Fuel filter
timing at 10 degrees
New gas and sea foam
set base idle
cleaned TB and IAC
new clutch cable
new RR axle, bearing and seal
new battery, cleaned all grounds could find, checked all fuses inside and under hood
fuel pressure 31 PSI with vac line on
Car idles good now, no surging... just seems a littler weaker than my 86 GT i had back in the day...

The 6 cyl thing is common. Ignore it.

Compared to a fox 5.0, the SN5.0s do feel a little less snappier. The SN95 are s bit heavier and the ECU programming a bit more restricted

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user