1995 Explorer intake on 1994 Mustang GT

I just picked up a 1995 explorer upper and lower intake manifold for $100 (I figured for that cheap what’s the worst that could happen). I was wondering what I have to do to get this to work with my car? A lot of the information I’ve found is mostly related to foxbodys so I’m not sure how much of that is applicable in my case. I don’t need to pass any engine emissions testing and I don’t care about the check engine light, I just want to know what I HAVE to do for this to work and run well on my car. Thank you!

Also the attached picture is a picture of it, only one I have right now

Attachments

• 85AE9E9F-252D-4B53-859F-65347DE60FCD.jpeg
    85AE9E9F-252D-4B53-859F-65347DE60FCD.jpeg
    956.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Sponsors (?)

Since the sn’s have external egr, there’s really nothing you need to do except bolt the intake on as far as functionality

I’d plug that Egr hole in the lower intake, install the intake, and be done

Assuming you want to maintain the stock throttle body configuration, you’ll just need a throttle body elbow adapter. Plenty of companies make these to install Fox intakes into ‘94-‘95 5.0s.

You may also need to address differences in the vacuum connections underneath the upper intake.

The factory GT strut tower brace will not fit anymore. It doesn't do much anyway. Other than the throttle body elbow, and a few vacuum lines, it's going to bolt up just like a foxbody. Easier actually, since you don't have to hang those relays off the back of it.

Kurt