1995 gt 1/4 mile time

yaba3800

Dec 5, 2005
hey! ill preface this by saying: i drive a camaro. :D

well my friend has a 1995 gt mustang 5.0
he says the the car stock will run a 14.6 and that his with an intake/short throw/twin glasspacks instead of mufflers ran a 13.8 (previous owners time)

i dont belevie him. ive seen many sources indicating something closer to a 15.1 stock.

what is about the time a 95 mustang gt will run stock and then with light intake/exhaust modifications? thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

15.1 is VERY realistic for a pretty good driver in a stock stang. 13.8 isn't really reasonable with slight mods. HOWEVER... If it's a good cobra or better intake, and a pretty good setup exhaust, he prolly has decent power.
Add to that the short throw, which is probably one of the best things for a mustang, and assuming he can drive, he could pull off a 13.8 maybe once.

yaba3800 said:

he says the the car stock will run a 14.6 and that his with an intake/short throw/twin glasspacks instead of mufflers ran a 13.8 (previous owners time)

i dont belevie him. ive seen many sources indicating something closer to a 15.1 stock.

what is about the time a 95 mustang gt will run stock and then with light intake/exhaust modifications? thanks guys!

When I ran my car after I bought it, it had the e/l shorty headers, h-pipe, and Flowmasters as the only mods and it ran 14.5 REALLY consistently (Must have been lucky back then). You can see in my sig the stuff that's done to it now and what it ran the last time I had it to the track. The only place I've run it is Muncie, IN and I didn't get a chance to go this summer. The weather was all over the place for all the different times I've raced, and that played a huge part in some of the times I got basically stock. Just my $.02.

Scott

yaba3800 said:

i call :bs: on your buddy.

Is your buddy's name Evan Smith? A 14.5 is pretty quick for a stock GT (it's not a GTS is it?). Was that 13.8 on street tires? Cus that would be REALLY hard to do with stock gears, on street tires, with only an intake. I ran a best of 14.1 with an intake, gears, and a mid-pipe. (vert)

I think some of the '94-95 owners in this thread need to learn how to drive if they think 15.1's are the norm or respectable.

Hell, my '95 3800lb convertible ran a 15.2 at 90mph stock and I couldn't drive it to save my life at that time. I ran 14.5 at 94.89mph with gears, pulleys, and exhaust; and a 14.2 at 97mph on street tires with an intake and the above mentioned parts, and a 13.83 at 98.5 on nitto DR's. This is was at my local track which is 2 tenths and 2mph slower than some of the other tracks I frequent due to elevation.

My cousin's 94GT coupe ran a 14.8 at 93mph stock. With nothing other than 3.55's (which hurt more help in a near stock car), pulleys, an X pipe and cat back ran a 14.2 at 97mph. My buddy Joe (Purestock on the corral) ran a 13.9 at 96-97mph in a COMPLETELY bone stock 94GT with a removed serp belt and air silencer on stock size dunlop tires. He is one hell of a driver, but it can be done.

When you say "intake" what do you mean. Do you mean a K&N filter and replacing the tubing between the MAF and the TB? If so that is worth at least 1 tenth and 1mph in itself. If you mean an intake manifold such as a cobra or an edelbrock then that is worth on average 2-3 tenths and 2-3mph.

If your buddy is a very good driver I think his times are totally possible.

well, i always thought that he was a bad driver for a few reasons.
1. he is a dumbass. lets say this is my car l then lets say this is his car. -
he powerbraked like this l- facing my car. he could have hit me so easily.
he also never stopped roasting the tires the whole time he owned the car.
2. i could keep up with him pretty well in my 1996 camaro 3.8 v6 all stock,when he had the modifications listed.

also: he doesnt have an aftermarkert intake manifold, just a cold air intake. sorry i forgot, my year camaros dont get intake manifolds :(

okay: to sum it up. he is a retard who is a bull****ter as well?
i always thought so. oh well......just another mustang in heaven(or hell) now that he put it into an explorer!

mine went the times in my sig. with stock exhaust...removed air silencer,and bumped timing with an AODE

My old coupe went 13.8@99 with full exhaust and 3.31 gears, and of course removed air silencer and bumped timing as well.

So with a good driver it's possible to put a stock gt low 14's high 13's i've seen it done myself in great weather....if you have a z28 (ls1) (lt1 might be close) he won't stand a chance.

Especially since you said he just bought that car from another guy, he would need to get used to the car in order to drive it just right and pull off that time. Once he gets better and more used to the car though, he'll be a much better challenge. It'll also be easier to learn due to the short throw.

yaba3800 said:
how can an intake and glasspacks and ashort throw take you from 15.1 to low 14's? to me this doent make sense. of course, us camaros are crazy guys.....

I'd certainly hope that car is capable of more than a 15.1 bone stock and a 5 speed....If he's running low 15's with them mods and a 5 speed no offense to the guy but he has alot of practice left ahead of him, because that car is capable of much lower times...mid to low 14's are definately possible given he has a good concept on how to launch, shift, and where to shift at. I'll but out now though.

My first day at the track I ran a 14.8 with my stock 94 with just bumped timing. gears and pullies along with a K&N (like it realy does anything) went like 14.3.

I remember reading a 5.0/MM&FF mag with the 94-95's (when they were new). They took a bone stock 94-95 with ET streets or ET drags, shortbelt, 14* timing, and maybe gears and went like 13.8....its all in the hooking.

Mine ran 14.7 @ 94mph with a drop-in K&N and 13* timing.

Now with BFD dr's on the stock 16's, 3.73's, a cheapie ebay CAI, adj front drag shocks, disconnected front swaybar, shifter, and offroad hpipe it runs 13.8-13.9 @ 99mph pretty consistent as long as the track is decent.

I've beaten numerous LT1's, but not always because my car is more powerful, mostly because they didnt know how to drive.