1995 Gt 5.0

Devin O'Donnell

Jul 25, 2016
hi guys, I have a question to who ever is reading this and responses! Say now, thanks for your time!
I might be purchasing a 95 GT and the guy is asking $1,600 for it seems a little low, manual, convertible, also has 163,000 on the odo. Anything specific I should look out for? I know rust and things like that, but anything else? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Just like buying any other 21 year old car that mostly kids drove- expect it to be rode hard and put away wet. In addition to the usual things to inspect, Mustangs should be checked for rust in the shock towers, torque boxes ( and for signs of tears). Bring a small magnet to check for bondo, a flashlight to look under the car and inside the engine, trunk, etc.

Post some pics of the potential purchase and we can help out better.

Reactions: 1 user
Be leary of one that has an anti theft system. They don't play well with the cabin electronics and ive diagnosed several where that was the culprit.
The car is a convertible. I'd the top is in poor shape budget a grand to get a quality replacement installed.
Without seeing pics of the car and going off your description I'd say it's in the ballpark. 15-2500 is the going rate for the run of the mill convertible. If it was a documented low mile car or special production like a cobra or saleen I'd think it was insanely low.

94-95's aren't known for holding value.

With that said, I'd try and find a 94-95 Cobra 5.0. Fairly underrated car if you ask me considering many 87-93 guys slap on GT40 heads and explorer intake which is what the cobra already has. Plus you have the better brakes, 5-lug, modern chassis, etc.

Reactions: 1 users