1995 Gts Question

Bam Bam

Jan 10, 2016
I'm new to this site been out of the car game for a while. Just purchased a 95 GTS? I believe. The car has no abs, manual Windows, Locks, seats but has the wing and fog lights. The title doesn't state GTS and can't find the letter designation anywhere on car. I'm assuming it is due to no power equipment or abs. Picked it up for 3k 85k miles, clean interior needs nothing. The outside of course needs paint but body in great shape. Anyone know if the vin shows it's a GTS?

• Sponsors (?)

It has e cam, Aluminum GT40 heads, trick flo street heat, BBK 75mm t Body, 24 lb injectors, roller rockers, 3.55 gears 5 speed.

The car runs good but has a strange hesitation that's random. Timing set at 10 deg (spout out) idles great. It will hesitate sometimes and pop when it does this. It will stop run smooth for a while any suggestions?

It has 24lb injectors with correct mass air. Looks to be a used mass from something else. Should the mass air even though it's matched to correct injectors be same size as throttle body? Could this cause issues it looks smaller than the 75mm BBK t body.

Can't help with the issues, but I do have a copy of the Red Book, so I can try and help with ID.

According to the book, the GTS was treated as a GT for the purposes of the VIN, so no help there. (The code should be P42 for either.) There also wasn't a special letter designation on the car itself; the badging was regular GT. The GTS didn't have fog lights or a GT rear wing. ABS, power locks, power seats, and power windows are listed as available options across the board (and in an option package), which seems to imply that you could buy a '95 GT without them.

My guess is you've got a regular GT with no/minimal factory options.

My guess is that even though the maf and injectors are matched, the only ecu than will properly run that setup is one from a 93 Cobra which came with the 24#injectors. Check your ecu and report back what code number is on the sticker(A9L, A9P, etc)

You'll also want to pull your codes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2