1995 Linelock Install

• Sponsors (?)

I installed two line locks right before the forward brake lines on either side. This way, it won't interfere with the ABS at all. However, most like locks are pretty much the same, and I don't see a need to use a name brand line lock. I bought these line locks from Summit for about $40/each, which is about half the cost of most of the name brand line locks. So you get two linelocks for the price you would pay for one name brand line locks.

DSCN0219.jpg

Kurt

I just plumbed mine between the master cyl. and the dist block. Did not do anything with the ABS. No lights or anything. I had to get a reverse bubble flare IIRC for both ends IIRC for one of the ends or both...been a while I just remember getting a fitting and I have like $10 or less in line, fittings, wire, and switch.

Actually, traded my stock shortblock for like $60 and the actual line lock noid so I have $10 or less in the whole line lock :D.

Our cars don't need a multiport linelock solenoid. Just a single port cheapy like posted above from summit will work. I installed a Hurst unit about 6 or 7 years ago and only used 1 port and plugged the others.

Basically there are 2 lines that run from below the master cylinder up to the ABS box near the radiator overflow. One is for the rear brakes and the other is for the front brakes. All you need to do is insert the line lock solenoid into the line that goes to the port on the passenger side of the box, I believe its labeled MC.

I mounted my solenoid on the frame rail below where the stock air filter box is located. Disconnected the hardline going into the ABS box and added an extension and ran it to the "in" on the solenoid then made a line to go from the "out" of the solenoid to where I removed the other line from the ABS box.

Don't forget to bleed the brakes when done

You need all the stopping power you can get. If you have skinnies up front, which you probably do if you are running slicks out back, the front wheels will start to slide as the slicks heat up. That's why really fast cars, like Pro 5.0 cars don't bother with line locks, and just do their burnout half way down the track. There is no way the front wheels are going to hold the car in place anyway.

Kurt

You need all the stopping power you can get. If you have skinnies up front, which you probably do if you are running slicks out back, the front wheels will start to slide as the slicks heat up. That's why really fast cars, like Pro 5.0 cars don't bother with line locks, and just do their burnout half way down the track. There is no way the front wheels are going to hold the car in place anyway.

Kurt

:nice: kurt you always say the right things.