1995 mustang gt 5.0

sn955.0

Jan 30, 2019
bonney lake wa
so i am going to be doing the head gasket on my car here soon and I've always wanted to put a mild cam in it but i don't have the money do to the supporting mods. so #1 should I have my stock heads machined and put in New valve guides / seats etc, or should I try and find a set of already rebuilt heads. i found these and im not so sure what to think of them http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335821607&icep_item=372581430995
i am familiar with engine work and what not, just not very much with the specs and what works good with what. i want the most reliable power i can get. is there anything I could do that would get me close to 300 rwhp in this process ? right now the car is almost completely stock. has a rebuilt t5, new timing chain, 8.8mm plug wires, bassani o/r x, smog pump delete, still has egr. that's about it. i really dont know what route to go but i need the car to be up and running soon cause the car in driving right now is already limping. feedback greatly appreciated,
thankyou!

• Sponsors (?)

You would need a full h/c/i and supporting mods to get 300 whp on 302. I would pass on those heads. A mild cam will do nothing on stock heads, and for a street car might not perform the way you want even with upgraded heads.