1995 mustang GT after awhile of driving when I come to a stop my RPMs go low and sometimes vehicle stalls

DAGGER1120

Oct 29, 2018
Apple valley CA
Hey guys I just got this mustang and it was going great but out of knowwhere I was driving and came to a stop at a stop light my car got low rpms and shook then stalled I turned it back in and kept driving and I stopped again and then it was hitting low rpms but not stalling then I hit the gas while idle and then it stopped any idea what this could be ???

• Sponsors(?)

nickyb

WAIT,you now have a pair?
5 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
Had same thing going on,tured out to be my ECT sensor.I think it was like a $30. Part at autozone.

jozsefsz

5 Year Member
Aug 11, 2013
Cleveland OH Area
Check your fuel pressure and replace the fuel filter. Good first steps. If you give it 'gas' you're actually giving it air via the throttle-body, the gas is your fuel-pressure through the injectors via computer control. Low fuel pressure will cause stalling at idle and when giving gas. Since you mention you just got it, a full tune-up is warranted, and refill the tank with some known, good fuel (it may have sat for a while and if you're using up the dregs of what's in the tank it'll be mostly varnish).

Reactions: General karthief