Electrical 1995 Mustang Gt Convertible Driver Side Window Issues

honaker1234

Jul 11, 2016
Guys,

I just joined the Pony crew and bought myself a 95 GT Convertible with 72k (I have included pictures for those interested). It has a couple issues I am working n resolving one of which is an issue with the driver side windows only.

I have searched the forums and it sounds fairly common on these but none seem to 100% match what I have going on with mine so I was hoping you guys could help. The driver window will make noise like it is trying to go down and eventually may or may not catch and actually go down. Putting it up usually requires pulling on it to aide it in going up. The quarter window makes the noise of the motor but doesn't do anything.

I have heard people suggesting to clean the switch, I attempted to take it apart and undid the 6 little taps holding the switch to the base but then the window lock button is stuck and I could not get it off. I am ready to accept if the regulators/motors need to be replaced just wanted to see if you guys thought it was a switch issue or regulator issue.

I have included links to two videos I recorded. In the one the driver window did finally catch and went down relatively smoothly (maybe because it is towards the evening and cooler outside?) I am also aware of the throw out bearing needing replacement before someone says it haha

20160628_164047.jpg
20160628_163957.jpg

• Sponsors (?)