1995 Mustang GT Won't Idle when warm and Runs out of fuel cornering?

Hey guys new to the forum, wasn't able to find anyone post having the same issues so thought id try a thread of my own.

Car is a 95 GT 5.0 5 speed, bought already modded so kinda unsure whats all done. Motors mystery mileage, PO says rebuilt but i beg to differ. Anywho mods i can tell are; Streetfire coil, BBK long tubes, BBK midpipe catted, muffler delete, BBK intake and maf sensor, BBK throttle body (70mm i believe) Edelbrock intake elbow to Explorer upper intake (lower and injectors too i think?) and i think it has a small cam in it likely the E303 or B303 would be my guess.

So heres my problems:
Car starts and idles great cold. Once it is up to operating temperatures when it is shut off and turned back on within a hour of being off it starts (sometimes turns over quite a bit) but will idle for a couple seconds then die, but will stay running if i hold the rpms at like 1200. My guess is an igniton or timing issue based on the little knowledge of whos touched the car but if anyone can point me in the right direction id appreciate it!

Second, noticed it first on highway on ramps but then got bad at the roadcourse. Car will stutter and fall on its face like its running out of fuel when cornering, but has like 2/3 of a tank. I know it has a carbed foxbody fuel tank in it but part numbers were the same so thought it wouldn't be an issue. Has anyone else had this issue? any way to fix other then go with a fuel cell?

Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

In the tech forums you will find 5.0 technical/how to threads, look for the surging idle checklist, the checklist will uncover problems with idle/stalling issues, start at the top and work each step in order, I found it helpful to keep notes. As for the corner/stalling issues I would drop the fuel tank and check the baffle where the pump sits, and the pump, it's possible that the sock/strainer has fallen off, give you a chance to id the pump and change if necessary.

Reactions: 1 user
You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. It includes how to dump the computer codes quickly and simply as one of the first steps. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 250,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.

Reactions: 1 users
With your gas tank mostly full, rock the car side to side and listen to the tank. Do you hear something banging around inside? If so, the baffle has likely broken loose and is causing your fuel starvation issues.

Reactions: 1 user