1996-2004 Mustang 2" Drop Spindles Any Good?

AftrBurNr

Oct 8, 2007
I searched all over this site and everyone talks about drop springs..

I had tons of cars with sport springs and it always makes them ride like crap. I live in brooklyn and the pavement is no joke around here, u might as well be off-roading.

I found these drop spindles that dont mess with the geometry of your suspention, they just move the mounting point for the spindle higher up therefore lowering the car and supposedly giving u the same ride quality

Check them out here: http://www.racecraft.com/products.php?cat=10

If anyone has used these please let me know how u like them and if there is tire rubbing etc.. also post pics!

also.. 2" drop seems like alot to me, if anyone has pics of there car dropped 2" with srpings please post em

• Sponsors (?)

what does being a street car have to do with it? in the classic car market thats all they use these days cause its so simple and easy and u cant go wrong.. I wouldnt mind stiff lowering springs for the rear, i just wish the kit had a 1" option cause then id lower the front with those and leave the rear stock.. i was thinking 2" might be too much. is it?

IMO the drop spindles are the way to go, if the spindles are made correctly you will not need the bump steer kit, or the special ball joints to get the alignment back where it needs to be or any of the other associated BS that almost adds up to the price of the dropped spindles to begin with, and, the ride stays decent.
As an example:
A set of lowering springs (steeda) 1/2 of $229 = $115.00
The trick ball joint that fixes the screwed up roll
center from the lowering springs (steeda) $129.00
Bumpsteer kit (steeda)to fix what the springs
screwed up $ 149.00
_______
Grand total of $393.00

Trick spindles = $495.00, you save only $100 bucks

i thought about buying those exact spindles awhile back for the same reasons you want them, suspension geometry and ride comfort

sounded like a good idea at the time, then my brain slowly started working

a.) 2" is quite a bit for a Mustang, it doesn't sound like much but it is. i don't like the look of "slammed" Mustangs (imo, of course)

2.) where are you going to find just rear lowering spring? you can't cut the stock ones, the ride would be terrible and you'll blow the shocks in a month. you can't leave the rear as is either. 2 inches of fender gap up front and 6 inches out back would just look goofy

d.) with those spindles and a stock front suspension, you get just that, a stock (i.e. crap) front suspension. the stock springs aren't the greatest and you still have struts that'll fail in 50,000 miles

just get the standard spring/shock combo like everyone else. Ride quality is directly related to the combo, if you get 20$ ebay coilovers or cheapo springs you have a ****ty ride, if you spend the money on the right combo, you get a great ride.