1996 Built GT new BOV and PMAS MAF not idling

reeber

10 Year Member
Mar 10, 2004
Berlin, NJ
See attached picture. Could the location of where they welded the MAF be the reason it won't idle on the dyno? Full throttle is fine, but it's not consistent on idle and it's all over the place. I had the PMAS FLG-SS-HPX Mass Airflow Sensor Kit installed and the Tias BOV 50mm 11psi spring.

I have a feeling they may have installed the MAF too close to the bend in the discharge tube (Vortech SQ-V2 Trim non-intercooled) 500RWP before this setup.

thoughts? I had the pipe powder coated and all. Just didn't want to destroy the finish, order a new flange and have to re-weld at a new location after all this work, if I would end with the same result. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 63512-MMS-1531516662938-attachment1-20180713_171735.jpg
    63512-MMS-1531516662938-attachment1-20180713_171735.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 226
  • Sponsors (?)

It’s been almost 3 months and my car is still at my tuners shop. He went through electrical, vacuum system and now thinks it may be a valve spring.

I didn’t realize how complicated engines could be to take 3 months to fix. Ugghhhh

So, it turns out that my local shop had absolutely NO IDEA what they were doing. They used HP Tuners to tune my 1996 Mustang GT (stock ECU). I come to find out after contacting 3 other shops that the tuner isn't able to tune and can only data log on my car. So, now I lost 3.5 months with the car, made a ton of unnecessary changes per the shop owner (replaced injectors, PMAS slotted MAF, blow off valve with a spring that is NOT for my setup, etc.). I spent a ton of money and now have to remove half of it. Thank god I found DGR Performance in Dilsburg, PA. He went through a ton of detail upon the review of my car. He's going to build and air to air intercooler for the Vortech V2-SQ Trim so we can push the proper boost, safely. He's also going to ACTUALLY tune the car with my SCT chip. To help the engine compartment look more presentable, we're also going to remove all the ugly emissions and install a coil over plug setup to get rid of plug wires. I'm excited to finally get it back and running the way I hoped last time.

Be careful who you trust out there, people. There really are some unethical people that just guess their way through life... I'll keep the name anonymous, as I'm not the type of person to dime them out in public. I will say, go with your gut. If something doesn't feel right, RUN! I should have, but didn't... Uggghhhhh