1996 cobra brake problem

The front brakes on my 1996 cobra r makin a loud rattle. When I went to investigate the pads needed to be changed, so i thought i fixed the problem. In the process of puttin it back together i greased the caliper pin. About an hour on the road the noise came back. I replaced the caliper pin and that did'nt work, but still for sure thinkin it is the caliper. This is my first Ford so this is all new to me, from the cars I have owned. Any help would be great.

THANX :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Ok then something is not right. My Mach 1 calipers do not move at all if i try to move them by hand.

WHat brand pads did you use? Did you install the anti-rattle clips on the side where the pins are? Those should take up the slack and keep the caliper from moving. They are the silver clips in this photo
View attachment 430998

The anti-rattle clips.

They basically prevent your problem.

If your new pads didn't come with them, you were supposed to take them from the old pads and transfer them over. There is one each pad, for a total of 4 clips.

However since you said you had the problem before, it looks line nobody ever installed the anti-rattle clips in the previous brake job

I've bought parts store pads which didn't have them attached. I had to clip them onto the pad before the install.

Needless to say i don't use parts store pads anymore (among other reasons)