1996 GT Convertible - CJPony Seat Track Extenders dont work !

Curious if anyone who has tried to install seat extenders (mine were from CJ PONY) on a convertible has got them to work?

On my 96 the seat belt retractor box on the floor (different on a convertible then coupe) totally blocks the seat track so when you install these longer seat extender rails the seat does not go back any further than the stock tracks. Is there a work around? For example can you replace the convertible seat belt retractor with the coupe version for a sort of fix??

Im 6 5 and will likely have to sell the near perfect Laser Red GT Convertible I bought a month ago with only 40k miles if I cant get more legroom HELP PLEASE.

• Sponsors (?)

Update, figured out how to get the extender kit to work on my 96 Vert and its not easy or cheap. BUT may be the only way to get 3 inches more legroom. The issue that blocks the extender kit rails from letting the seat go the additional 3 inches is that a Vert of that vintage has a box mounted on the floor for the seat belt to re tract. the box sticks out 2-3 inches. On a coupe there is no box so the extenders allow the frame rails to move back beyond stock levels.
To FIX is buy a Coupe seat belt system and remove the top part above the chrome plate.. Then take your existing convertible seat belt system out and remove the bottom part of your convertible seat belt system below the plate. Go to a place with the equipment to sew seat belts (use #138 thread) and sew the bottom of the Coupe belt to the Convertible plate. Make sure they use a seat belt sewing machine (yep they exist) or can trace sew the thread through the wholes and pattern as per stock ones (they use multiple straight lines and an x to sew seat belts, just sew through the same holes).
Ill send pics when done. Waiting for my Coupe belts to arrive from Ebay.