1997 Lincoln Town Car Engine Into A 2000 Mustang Gt

zach97

Feb 20, 2015
Hi guys i bought a 2000 mustang gt with a blown up engine, over the weekend i bought an engine out of a 1997 Lincoln town car. now i know that they are not the exact same engine (Romeo & Windsor) and that i will lose about 35 ponies, that doesn't bother me much because i just want to get it running. i want to know exactly what i need to swap over to make it fit/work. thanks in advance.

• Sponsors(?)

StangNet created a new car social app called knowmoto! Add your Mustang or post a photo in the knowmoto app and enter for a chance at a $100 gift card from LMR. Click the LMR Logo for more about the knowmoto Mega Thread!

Christopher Nesbit

Feb 17, 2015
Destrehan, LA
The problem you will run into is without the PI heads on your lincoln motor you won't be able to use the existing GT intake. If I'm not mistaken, the intake faces the opposite side for the lincoln. Can you swap the heads from the bad GT engine?

zach97

Feb 20, 2015
Heads are no good, I have the throttle body off and it looks like I'll be able to bolt my mustang throttle body right up to it. And I actually think the Lincoln has a PI intake on it. It has a aluminum piece up front

zach97

Feb 20, 2015
new engine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 426