1998 GT intake interchange ?

keithnra

Apr 30, 2006
What other vehicles have the same intake as the intake on a 98 GT. Also which other vehicles have the same PI intake as the mustang, i need to just get an intake to see if this engine is any good. i just want the right one to begin with. /Is the intake on the crown vic and towncar the same as one on a mustang Also which computer is the same as the mustang

• Sponsors (?)

96-98 mustang intakes are the same. 99-04 mustang intakes are the same. (pi). I believe the t birds are the same as the 96-98 stangs. and the newer crownvics (01+) i believe have the pi intake. 96-97 stangs pcm can be interchanged. 98 pcm are all alone. They have a different pats system from the earlier and later cars.

96-98 mustang intakes are the same. 99-04 mustang intakes are the same. (pi). I believe the t birds are the same as the 96-98 stangs. and the newer crownvics (01+) i believe have the pi intake. 96-97 stangs pcm can be interchanged. 98 pcm are all alone. They have a different pats system from the earlier and later cars.

Yep, that's pretty much right.

96-97 Thunderbirds & Cougars
96-2000 Crown Vic/Grand Marquis/Town Car
and, of course, 96-98 Mustangs

Those all share the same NPI intake.

'95 and and earlier MN12 and Panthers use different pre-NPI heads and intakes that won't work.

If you're just trying to run it on a stand then probably any PCM and matching harness (and fuel system - '98 Mustangs, at least, are different) from those cars would work but if it is PATs enabled then you'll need a few extra pieces from the donor car to make it work. I'm not really sure what all you'd need for a stand alone rig though.

If the motor is not in a car, it is well worth the effort to put on a PI intake and PI cams.