Progress Thread 1998 Gt Procharger Build--dyno And Track Numbers Inside

• Sponsors (?)

So we think the fluid leak had been expansion and coming out the vent. The new leak that is. The old leak was definitely from a pan issue. This leak doesn't happen all the time. Only when I park with the trans really heat soaked. And it's getting less and less way time. I drained a bit of fluid and it seems to have helped.

Time to make another dyno appt since I can't sell the dang thing with out giving it away.

Reactions: 1 user
Been a while since i last checked in. Fingers crossed you get what you have been fighting for on the dyno. Keep the faith. This car has become more of a personal test than a casual hobby for you. I want to see you achieve your goal.

We are supposed to Go see Monks next Monday. I'm not hopeful at this point. All it does is disappoint.

I've tried to sell it a few times for STUPID cheap and end up having folks insult me and my ability rather than see the car for the steal it was. I can't even give it away at this point. I'm pretty well stuck with this bad omen. I'm sure if I sold it it'll never give someone else any issues. Hell, even if I keep it and it makes 425-450 next week It'll still have that stench of the builds gone wrong with it and I'll likely never truly trust the car. It is what it is. I've owned a lot of these and they all fight you back, only one other has fought to this extent and I sent it packing as well. Sometimes you have to cut your losses and move on.

Then to your point Mustang04, I want to rise above on this dang thing and show it that I've got this and I can stick it out. Time will tell but I can say for sure that I'm losing my love for this hobby as it's turned into so much work. It'd be different if I were building a 25.5 chassis and trying to go fast. I would expect these types of major issues and set backs. But I'm honestly trying to get a stock motor to work with a blower. And it won't cooperate lol.

Well ole leaky trans pan struck again last night. I looked under the car 3 days ago and there was a tiny drip on the floor. Last night I checked again and there was a huge puddle and it was openly dripping at that time.

SOOOO........ I ordered a TCI trans pan and 2 DEI exhaust heat shields so maybe we can get a quality pan and deflect some of the header heat away from the trans. That should solve my issue as well as keep my trans fluid that much cooler.

I paid for 2 day shipping and summit racing already has it on the way. It'll arrive Friday and I'll thrash it all together over the weekend since I have another dyno appt on Monday.

Now to locate a trailer.

IMG_0758.JPG
A tale of two pans. The darkness is just from the soap in the parts washer at the trans shop. If you spray the acid back on it to make it bright it comes right back to the same as the left.

We installed the new pan and wrapped the headers by the pan so we can get through the dyno day and the permanent heat shields arrive.

It drives nice. Makes boost easy. I let it eat in second getting on the interstate the other day. Felt way better than it ever had before.... But then again my butt dyno isn't always accurate.

I "Plan" on heading to the track tonight. It's a big bracket race weekend so it'll be stupid busy. Really a bad night for shakedown passes and to make adjustments. I'm going to assume that my 17 nitto drag radials are not going to be up to the challenge of a hole shot hit with the 3500 stall. We will see.

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like a win. Good numbers and good time. Glad to see, if nothing else, you got it down the track. 11s seem to be attainable with your setup. Little practice and little more dialing in.

Now take a weekend night. Sit in your garage breathe in that victory. Also consume about 10 beers to commemorate your struggle. :cheers: